Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am not in Peterborough because.........

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saw a grumpy lion with a thorn in its bloody paw so plucked the vicious spike free with a pair of tweezers i always carry in case of emergencies. I thought that would sanctify my existence, put me on the stairway to heaven once i met my physical end, all thanks to the act of kindness. But the lion swallowed me whole, and near here i am now rotting and typing in its swelled and glowing with outsmarting pride gut.
I'll make my way out for the game on Tuesday one way or another. Lion doesn't know i have my mobile with me and can call the Orange trapped in a stomach hotline. I'll have to click a few numbers and prove my identity somehow, but they'll make their way over in time, i'd say, and the lion is now too heavy with me inside to sprint to safety. Now who's smiling.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw a grumpy lion with a thorn in its bloody paw so plucked the vicious spike free with a pair of tweezers i always carry in case of emergencies. I thought that would sanctify my existence, put me on the stairway to heaven once i met my physical end, all thanks to the act of kindness. But the lion swallowed me whole, and near here i am now rotting and typing in its swelled and glowing with outsmarting pride gut.
I'll make my way out for the game on Tuesday one way or another. Lion doesn't know i have my mobile with me and can call the Orange trapped in a stomach hotline. I'll have to click a few numbers and prove my identity somehow, but they'll make their way over in time, i'd say, and the lion is now too heavy with me inside to sprint to safety. Now who's smiling.

This post was brought to you in association with LSD.

The ONLY choice for articulate wordsmiths :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
As yet, Emirates haven't scheduled a direct flight to Peterborough.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm off to watch the 49ers against the Broncos at Wembley tomorrow (booked months ago), so couldn't do both.

Gutted not to be there!

Same here - wasn't going to miss the chance to see my Broncos playing in London. Also, given that me and the boy will be out most of tomorrow my missus and daughter wouldn't have been too impressed if I was out all day today at football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because I'm a twat.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
...I am supposed to be working in Barbados this weekend, but can't work as the island has been hit by tropical storm Tomas and everything has closed down, so on t'internet instead watching it piss down outside.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
because I don't frequently go to away games. I prefer not to line the pockets of our competitors.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

The truth is I'm too lazy to go to away games (and probably subconsciously put off by my first away game being a 7-1 embarrassment v oldham). Not lining the pockets of competitors makes my idleness seem more noble.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The truth is I'm too lazy to go to away games (and probably subconsciously put off by my first away game being a 7-1 embarrassment v oldham). Not lining the pockets of competitors makes my idleness seem more noble.

You really are missing out then.

Charlton away was without doubt the best Saturday of my whole year, and I so much wish I'd been able to go today. Watching the Albion win away from home is as good a feeling you can get in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here