Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am not a racist.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Since my last thread got removed I feel the urge to write another.

You may call me many things, and I might even be some of them but I simply aint a racist.

There is nothing, nothing in what I said about SOME muslims that could wildly be interpreted as racist and I simply aint having insults thrown at me from the PC lefty shithead bridgrade so you can all go and do one.

Highlight something that I said that is racist. Prove your case. This might be a challenge for some of you as it will mean you have to actually read something.......:censored: :salute:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh Twatty give it a rest. You are given to sweeping generalisations, but for what it's worth I don't think you are a racist - just a prejudiced bigot.

No offence like.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Brovian said:
Oh Twatty give it a rest. You are given to sweeping generalisations, but for what it's worth I don't think you are a racist - just a prejudiced bigot.

No offence like.

I am not a prejudiced bigot.

The problem is, Watty, that it has become part of the vocabulary of racist political parties like the BNP to attack religious groups (like "some Muslims") as a means of stirring up a racial hatred that is not permitted by law.

That's why the government is considering legislation to criminalise incitement to religious hatred.

The anti-racists on NSC (and there are many of us) are well aware of how (and why) the BNP and others sidestep the existing law to promote their ultimately racist message.

Your original post undoubtedly provoked a reaction. If it was intended to evoke the sub-message that lurks in BNP propaganda, it was racist.

If it wasn't intended to evoke that sub-message, then we can take your word that you are "not a racist".

But your intentions are not always clear to other NSC Users.

The original thread was closed because it had degenerated into an exchange of insulting abuse. That isn't what NSC is for. If this thread goes the same way, we will have to consider closing it down as well.

Last edited:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Lord Bracknell said:

The original thread was closed because it had degenerated into an exchange of insulting abuse. That isn't what NSC is for. If this thread goes the same way, we will have to consider closing it down as well.

Would not be many threads left on this site if you shut down the ones that turned in to an exchange of insults

Last edited:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Lord Bracknell said:
The problem is, Watty, that it has become part of the vocabulary of racist political parties like the BNP to attack religious groups (like "some Muslims") as a means of stirring up a racial hatred that is not permitted by law.

That's why the government is considering legislation to criminalise incitement to religious hatred.

The anti-racists on NSC (and there are many of us) are well aware of how (and why) the BNP and others sidestep the existing law to promote their ultimately racist message.

Your original post undoubtedly provoked a reaction. If it was intended to evoke the sub-message that lurks in BNP propaganda, it was racist.

If it wasn't intended to evoke that sub-message, then we can take your word that you are "not a racist".

But your intentions are not always clear to other NSC Users.

Hold on here are some undeniable facts.

A minority of extreme Muslims beleive that suicide bombers are legitimate.

A minority of extreme Muslims believe that planning to fly planes into buildings is legitimate.

A minority of extreme Muslims cut the heads of innocent kidnap victims and video tape it then broadcast it to the world.

A minority of extreme Muslims believe that this is justified under the Koran.

A large percentage of Muslims believe that Sharia law al la Saudi is a good thing.

A minority of extreme Muslims would use nukes without question if they could get their hands on them.

On 911 I was in the East End in an area predominantly Muslim and I saw people dancing in the street and praising allah.

Stating these things does not make me a racist.

If I were to state that I hate all Muslims and used derogatory words against them then this would. Finding annoyance with some of the tactics of some Muslims does not.

Simply shouting down anyone who says these things without first looking at the motives simply plays into the hands of right wing extremists. It frustrates the average man in the street who does not consider himself racist yet feels accused of being so simply by airing an opinion many other share but are afraid to voice.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
WATFORD O said:
Hold on here are some undeniable facts.

A minority of extreme Muslims beleive that suicide bombers are legitimate.

A minority of extreme Muslims believe that planning to fly planes into buildings is legitimate.

A minority of extreme Muslims cut the heads of innocent kidnap victims and video tape it then broadcast it to the world.

A minority of extreme Muslims believe that this is justified under the Koran.

A large percentage of Muslims believe that Sharia law al la Saudi is a good thing.

A minority of extreme Muslims would use nukes without question if they could get their hands on them.

On 911 I was in the East End in an area predominantly Muslim and I saw people dancing in the street and praising allah.

Stating these things does not make me a racist.

If I were to state that I hate all Muslims and used derogatory words against them then this would. Finding annoyance with some of the tactics of some Muslims does not.
There is obviously a lot of truth there, but you can say that about a lot of groups. And it's the negative views like that that give succour to the BNP. Let's reverse your statements:

The vast majority of Muslims beleive that suicide bombers are NOT legitimate.

The vast majority of Muslims believe that planning to fly planes into buildings is NOT legitimate.

The vast majority of Muslims would not even think of cutting the heads of innocent kidnap victims and video tape it then broadcast it to the world.

The vast majority of Muslims do NOT believe that this is justified under the Koran.

The majority of Muslims believe that Sharia law al la Saudi is NOT a good thing.

The vast majority of extreme Muslims would not dream of using nukes without question if they could get their hands on them.

On 911 in the East End in an area predominantly Muslim most people were NOT dancing in the street and praising allah.

You see? Expressed like that Muslims are model citizens. It's the way you approach problems that makes people think you're Racist and the way you title threads something like "Aren't Muslims annoying?" that makes me think you're a prejudiced bigot

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I did not say ARENT MUSLIMS ANNOYING I said 'ARE MUSLIMS ANNOYING?'

BID f***ing DIFFERENCE.

Yes you can reverse it. You could also say that none of the above applies to Hindus, Buhddists, Sikhs, Christians, Pagans and people who dont even believe.

There is a cancer at the heart of Islam and only they can sort it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To be brutally honest, I do not care if you are a racist or not.

I do care about NSC running as harmoniously as possible as, I believe, do the other moderators. NSC has been a tremendously positive force in our ongoing campaign for Falmer and has a reasonably high profile as a result. Possibly the last thing we want is something being picked up, is this board being highlighted as a melting pot for far right extremists and/or racists. Which would not be difficult to do by selectively picking up sentences from the thread in question.

As someone else put it yesterday, it's our ball and we'll decide who plays with it. It's as simple as that. And those who continue to try and test where the line is, often find they do not have posting rights to continue that pursuit sometime shortly after.

My suggestion is you get back to talking about the Os and their quest to pull themselves out of the Division 4 for the first time in a very long time indeed....

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
I wont be accused of being a racist anymore than I would if someone accused me of being a paedophile.

Yep its your ball and you may simply ban me. Its your choice. However lets examine the facts:-

I post a message asking 'are muslims annoying' and SOME people who didnt even bother to read beyond the sentence get upset.

I post a message asking 'are christians annoying' and no one cares.

Examine the difference and you tell me who the small minded bigots are.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
as far as i can read into it this is an opion it is not saying to anyone i hate muslims kill them all

it provokes a reaction something watford 0 is a master at but i think to accuse him of being a racist is harsh he may be in the minority with his opion but i would not class him as a racist

most of his threads end up in amusing slagging matches

or the odd abusive pm

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Well, I suppose you've got to find some alternative interest when you support a team thats been languishing in the 4th division since.... actually I don't know how long it's been. Hang on I didn't even know they were in the 4th division till Bozza said it. Must be hard to find something as exiting as watching Orient eh?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think the big problem here is NOT what you MEAN to say, but how others INTERPRET what you say.

I am happy to belive that you are not a racist, but on the other hand I can see how some of the things you post could be seen by others (including the Law) of inciting racial hatred.

This board is not a few mates meeting in a pub where you know everyone there and can say what you are thinking without fear that it will get misunderstood. This is a public board where a lot of people who come on here do not even post, but just read to find out the latest news on the Albion. I would even guess that some of the anti-falmer people come on here to find ideas to help their cause.

Just think twice before you post is all the mods are asking.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I accept, having thought about it, that Watford O may well not be a racist. I do though find him aggressive and bigoted.

I realise that this does not make him a racist. However, I have no desire to go onto other clubs message boards and post messages which unless one has a tiny tiny brain, one can see that they are going upset people and provoke a particular response.

For instance, he has persistently posted bollocks about various opinions on football that he must know are goping to piss people on here off. That in itself is all very well, but once you have a reputation for that sort of thing, you should accept that once you delve in to the political minefield, people will already have a pre-conceived idea, formed by your previous postings, of what type of person you are.

they will make their own conclusions, rightl or wrongly, as to the agenda behind the post.

I realise that if Scotland ever play England again and get walloped, I will be crucified on here as I have posted some tongue in cheek stuff about England and their team and fans. I am in England so realise that this is not going to get much support on here.

But that is only football. I think that most people on here seem to be fairly laid back and liberal, a reflection of the city we all love, and that is something that we should all be proud of.

However, if you get your kicks from posting on a clubs message board, stating that you own us all, with the history between the two clubs, with Hearn stating publicly that we should be thrown out of the league, then do not expect to be so well received when you start a post with obvious racial overtones.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
News of today

Spanish Chistians massacre a whole race of people...shock... Horror.... probe

In a statement, Senor Cortes said....."well they are only strange looking little people who don't believe in Jesus...my God told me to kill them all......"

At the end of the day people have been killing each other since the cave man and in the last 3000 years using God as an excuse.

Racism is one of those things that has been around since man came out of the primeaval pond. In my lifetime I think it will not change, and to be brutally honest, I do think it will never be changed. The trick is to develop a society that minimises it!

Watty...the main problm with your argument is where does it stop?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Alternatively, you could say, 'Do you find cheese/ Rebecca Loos/ Spongebob Squarepants' annoying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here