Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season - no matter what

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Re: I am going to enjoy the rest of the season - no matter what

The Large One said:
However, one thing McGhee has NOT done is run out of ideas.

Because he has his velvet bag chock full of squad numbers and this way there are 1000's of combinations. :p

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Good positive post that, and agree with lots of it.

Can't do our younger players any harm to drop down a division and actually learn how to play winning football, hopefully scoring some goals at the same time!

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Agree Jim, I was most peed off after Millwall - but now I'm resigned to the fact that we've 'ad it this season, I'm enjoying the games more - although a better standard of refereeing would make life easier (last nights tosser)
wcnige

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Re: Re: I am going to enjoy the rest of the season - no matter what

Dandyman said:
Jim, that's fine as far as it goes but can you tell the rest of us what MM's long term plan actually is ? IMO he is a decent enough man but he has nothing more to offer us barring a minor miracle. I and everyone else I know will continue to support the team as we do every week but is it not fair to ask what plans there are for next season ?

MM is part of DK's long term plan, as were Adams, Taylor & Coppell. The plan is simple enough:

- Get Falmer. This is going to cost a lot of dosh, so...
- Develop the youth set up so that we can sell to raise cash, and ensure we don't have to survive on other teams' cast offs.

The last couple of years heve seen the investment in the youth set up beginning to bear fruit. And it's worth bearing in mind that the biggest investment has been in getting the right people involved - Hinshelwood, White, Wilkins, etc - and staying loyal to them. These sort of things don't happen overnight, and demand a consistent approach - DK took the very sensible/brave decision several years ago to insist that new managers have to work with the existing back-room staff.

Regarding next season, the strategy is the same - with the clear objective of ensuring that we play our first season at Falmer in the Championship. If this time next year we are in the bottom half of League One, then I would fully expect DK to give MM the boot, as that objective would be in danger. But if that were to happen, I am 100% convinced that Dick Knight would once again identify a manager of a calibre beyond that which a club our size should rightfully expect.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's not just the game. It's meeting up with mates for a drink before and after and the social aspect of it as well, especially the away games.
Having financial difficulties will make it very hard for me to get to games next season so I am going to enjoy what I can when I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here