Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am dying of Hypothemia

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have no central heating at home and last night the termperatures fell at the Southwick Weather Station to -4C 25F. The place was like an ice rink this morning and the frost was so thick it looked like it snowed. Infact when I scraped my car I got a couple of decent size snowballs which I proceeded to throw at the next door neighbours annoying Cat. It was all very Chrismassy.

I have however over night caught Hypothermia as I have a bad chest, headache and extreme fatigue. My chest is very painful. The temperature in my Kitchen this morning was 5.5C 42F !, thats about 25F below normal room temperature.

Does anyone know of any good heating appliances that will heat up a couple of rooms until the New Year when I can get a plumber out. Incidentally my plumber was due to do the boiler before Xmas but let me down so does anyone know a decent reliable Corgi registered plumber as they are rather than Rocking Horse Shite.

Not that you are really that bothered your assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Kinds Regards.

Uncle Spielberg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Unless I have a rapid recovery tonight I may miss out on the Office Xmas party tomorrow as well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Spielberg reign could be coming to an end Les.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
For gawd sake don't let Yorkie see this or she'll be telling you that when she was a lass they'd sit around a candle. And when it was really cold they'd light it.

Blimey though it was only just over thirty years ago that it wasn't the norm for central heating in the house. How soft have we got.

Get a couple of convector heaters from B&Q for about £20 each and that'll soon warm you up. I believe the help the aged website also gives good advice on this sort of thing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For gawd sake don't let Yorkie see this or she'll be telling you that when she was a lass they'd sit around a candle. And when it was really cold they'd light it.

Blimey though it was only just over thirty years ago that it wasn't the norm for central heating in the house. How soft have we got.

Get a couple of convector heaters from B&Q for about £20 each and that'll soon warm you up. I believe the help the aged website also gives good advice on this sort of thing.

you cheeky git I am only 45 :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Woodchip, no the boiler needs replacing I got British Gas around and they quoted me £ 4600 !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am actually at work as I am a hero but feel like utter toilet

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You can't die of something you can't spell! Pull yerself together man and go out to gather some winter fuel.

Roz, it must be down to my state of delirium

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i have really crap storage heaters so symapathise. Get some oil filled radiators, 1kw per room you will use, and they will do the trick nicely. the liitle fan heater jobbies are just that, a bit poo, they heat up a room quickly but it will cool soon after turning them off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here