Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I almost feel sorry for Andy Naylor

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
5166697454_ca67baf8ec.jpg

No, that's cheating. The ER is missing from the top line!

Camicus

Sorry for starting a thread then bailing got called out to work :(. Whilst I agree that proffesional journos have to fact check and rumour sites/twitter/NSC dont. It must be bloody galling to have your headline annouced online by the club 5 minutes before you. Surley this makes it almost impossable for Naylor to get a scoop and leaves him nowhere to go other than increasingly bizzare attacks on "internet whingers" in a vain attgampt to remain relivent

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Erm, no.

Its not harsh, its a fact of life. Newspapers, particularly the likes of the Argus, will start to die out soon as their readers realise that they contain absolutely nothing which is not available freely and increasingly conveniently elsewhere.

I actually agree with you that the Argus isn't getting the scoop on stories as you might expect, and as they used to - but I'm not sure you've nailed the reason why, it isn't all down to the internet.

Plenty of other local papers DO give scoops to their fans, and it is down to the relationship between paper/reporters and club, not just the manager but all staff.

It is very clear from anyone who has covered the Albion at all that Gus plays his cards very close to his chest, he is not above a bit of disinformation here and there, and the Argus is not being given the same level of 'inside track' as it used to.

Don't think you can completely blame Naylor for that, as he has shown with previous managers he can get the stories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here