Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has got to go

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Entitled to be unhappy in my opinion. Need an experienced manager as I can't see how Sami can turn this around. Only played well against Leeds and that was after an injection of players. Now what?

Really? I mean really?

There is no way you can see Sami turning this round?

Have you only just started watching football?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must admit I was "meh" when SH was appointed but it would be madness to sack him now. We played well until their first goal tonight ... and then went to pieces. Think it was Ipswich's first chance of the second half.

We should have scored. We didn't. Hopefully we will get a win against Blackpool on Saturday. The players are still getting used to each other.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Take all your negativity to the We Are Brighton website.

They seem to thrive on it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get a draw, at best, against Blackpool and lose against Burton. I bloody hope not, but it is a bet worth considering at the right odds, unfortunately.

And that my friend is football, I like many probably like yourself have been watching the Albion far too long to be surprised by anything and you know what maybe this is where I maybe different but....... I find this funny at the moment and it would not be the end of the world if we were in a relegation scrape by Christmas, but the good thing is we are in a far better position than we have ever been because if that was the case Bloom would get rid of Sami and appoint someone to either get us promoted from league one or keep us up.... It's a great position to be in and I love it that people like phat baz 68 are freaking out.... It's football..... and I love our club and know we are in safe hands now....

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I expect Brighton to finish about mid table this year. Ulloa,Buckly, Upson, Bridcutt ect gone in total for a lot of money, with the new guys brought in for a lot less money, it only makes sence. An inexperienced manager as well. As i'm not an agreement with a lot of NSC posters on here who expect at least top 6 for this season, i'm quite calm about the situation.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Like he turned it around at his last job

He did say he learnt from that, hopefully that is true and he isn't stuck in playing one way when it isn't working

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don't think that criticising Sami's tactics is unfair. During the International break he had two weeks with the players to train his system of playing and yet we seem worse after it than before.
It does seem to be a bit unfair to be talking of sacking him though after tonight's game when it seems like we should have got a draw. However, I do have reservations. His substitutions tonight seemed strange. CMS was doing ok and Baldock looked knackered. He takes CMS off and Baldock gives the ball away for the first goal, quite possibly due to tiredness. He leaves Kaz on when he was having a mare in the last 30 mins. He waits until the 87th minute to bring Tex on. Too late to influence anything. He is quite happy to rotate players but doesn't drop Bennett after a very poor game at Brentford and Chicksen playing well in his last game at Leeds.
The Blackpool game on Saturday has become a very important game for the players' and fans' confidence in his tactical and motivational abilities.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I find this funny at the moment and it would not be the end of the world if we were in a relegation scrape by Christmas, but the good thing is we are in a far better position than we have ever been because if that was the case Bloom would get rid of Sami and appoint someone to either get us promoted from league one or keep us up

So.. if Sami fails you have faith in the guy who appointed the failure to appoint someone better ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lose against Blackpool and Sami should go. There really would not be an acceptable excuse for such a defeat.

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Oh come on, you are clearly a long standing fan but you can't genuinely believe that we are in a relegation scrap 7 games into the season. We have a new manager and largely a new team, give it some time before righting them off.

all you that are moaning now, dont go loving us again on Saturday if we win
Sam in all honesty sat is a game we really should win ,what with all that's happened to them,but can you say with confidence we will ,I certainly can't

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I get the feeling Sami is a man who believes every single match is important and will put out a
very strong side tommorrow night as every game we can win inspires confidence.
I am slowly warming to the chap and so glad he is slowly proving myself and others wrong.

Agreed, never wanted him here in the first place

Which side of the fence are you on today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here