Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical question.

larus

Seeing all of the comments ref play-offs and 'Well, Palace did it last year.' has got me thinking.

IF (big if), we did get into the play-offs and somehow managed to go up, do you think we should keep the current squad and use the money to secure our short to medium term future by paying off debts, or use a fair amount of it to try to stay there by buying a few better players.

I think we shoud take the money and run, accept the inevitable relegation but be financially secure for a few seasons.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if (theirs that big if again) we went up , we wouldn't stay up , no way

*buys another chocolate for reserve IF we go up and IF we stay up*

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
No, we should push on and give McGhee 200k to allow him to break the stranglehold of Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Champions League here we come.

I think we should be of for the away end at the San Siro on the ticket side.

My best mate is and Ipswich fan and he went to see them and they were offered 14'500 tickets.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For the last time WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE IN THE PLAY-OFFS! .....

....... We're going to finish second.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
How much does Sky give each team - is it £20M? If so we should use some of it to secure the current youngsters. This could be done through a marginally increased contract and a signing-on fee - proceeds for which would come from Uncle Rupert. I certainly would not take on any foreign (or British) mercenaries. Then we take our weekly beating (or perhaps not if Spurs is anything to go by) while trousering all the rest of the cash and using it towards our new Falmer stadium.

The only problem with this is that we'd have to play some Sundays and Mondays. I'd expect that ST sales would go well though.

Right, back to reality - nearly time to go home.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
give them there chance to play in the top flight
people like charlie deserve it
and we will be straight back down anyway
lets have some fun

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not completly out of the question if we maintain our current form.

Id like to see us deliberatly keep the current squad. The likes of Hart, Chippy, Oatway, Kuipers and of course Mayo have done done us proud and probably never expected to play at this level when they joined. The youngsters are all brighton boys and would perform admirablly if only to grab themselves a move to a big club. Yes, we'd come straight back down, but hopefully we'd then be financially secure for many years to come.

As for the Sky money, its based on the position you finish and recall its less than 10 million for the bottom few teams.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Digweeds Trousers said:
I think we should be of for the away end at the San Siro on the ticket side.

From the club site:

Albion release ticket details for Champions League game at the San Siro.

This game will be all-ticket for Albion fans. With a mere 175,000 tickets allocated, a strict order of priority will be applied to avoid the usual chaos. (Apart from those who drop their applications through the door the day the draw's made without waiting for the announcement – they can just have tickets anyway).

Please mark your application 'SAN SIRO' to avoid it getting lost amongst the flood of applications for Crewe away we'll surely be getting at the same time. Won't we...?

Priority will be given to:

– Those who have joined the litter patrol in the last week. Strangely we now have 34,500 litter patrollers registered for every Withdean game...

– Members of either SCAMS, CLAMS, PRAMS or JIMJAMS (Seagulls Continental Away Membership Scheme; Champions League Away Membership Scheme; Priority Reservations Away Membership Scheme; Junior International Members Joining Away Membership Scheme). All these schemes cost £10 to join for life, and guarantee you absolutely no priority over anyone else really, because everybody's in them anyway.

– People with Costa in their surname, because they're probably part-Italian somewhere back in their family and therefore more-deserving of tickets to a game in Italy. (The Club absolutely refutes allegations that this clause in any way helps Liz Costa of the Supporters Club. It's pure coincidence.)

– People with more than 750 posts on NSC, who bought 4 copies of Tom Hark and who have GOSBTS as their ringtone. They're clearly TRUE supporters.

To help cope with expected demand, the ticket office will open a full 10 MINUTES EARLIER on a Tuesday.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
20 mil 10mil ? sky
dont forget all those extra shirt we will be selling

Yup, it would be excellent to go up just for the dosh, and take on the Prem with that 'devil-may-care-but-we-don't' attitude.
We could bank the money (or invest) until we had the net worth to get our stadium and pay-off the right people (like I'm sure they all do) and build our stadium.

One bizarre season, mental publicity and confused football league = a future with a stadium and a few laughs at the bank? Sure, where do I sign?

:clap2: :bhasign: punk: :banana: :rave: :falmerspi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here