Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypocrite ALERT!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I feel I must out someone on here for being a hypocrite of the highest order.

Having whinged, whined and moaned about how REAL fans always miss out due to all the Corporate tickets that get thrown around,

having screamed at the radio when Talksport have a phone-in on the lack of Cup Final tickets given to the clubs and then interrupt this with a competition to win tickets thereby proving they are to blame for the problem they are having the phone-in about,

having looked in despair at events such as Centre Court Wimbledon playing out lunchtime games in front of meagre crowds because the Hospitality lot are having their grub,

having blamed these people for the lack of atmosphere at events, and for taking their tickets free, while hard working genuine fans pay a fortune for worse seat.

Having done all of this and more, this NSCer is now unashamedly leaping around celebrating his free Corporate Hospitality at Silverstone this Sunday for the F1 Grand Prix.

NSC hypocrite of the year, I give you .......

me! Bring it on.

:clap2: :dance: :rave:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah , i would rather have teeth extracted than watch cars go round a track , whatever floats your boat though man

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Even as NSC's self-styled man of the people, I will admit to having gone to Old Trafford to watch a Champions' League match behind a glass screen once. And I never paid to get in or ANYTHING.

Couldn't get a prawn sandwich, though.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I once had a wank watching through the curtains the woman next door sunbathe in her bikini WITHOUT PAYING, and I do feel somewhat hypocritical about it........although relieved as well.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am currently foaming at the mouth because all the australian managers where I work have managed to get tickets to the ENGLAND games. Not just tickets, oh no, companies like Toshiba are flying them out, wining and dining them and they'll be watching in corporate boxes.

Not one thought about the only genuine, bona fide england supporting manager in the company. :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Dougal said:
yeah , i would rather have teeth extracted than watch cars go round a track , whatever floats your boat though man

Do you like cars, do you watch Top Gear?

Anyone who enjoys looking at a top quality car, would LOVE to go to a Grand Prix. Seeing them live is just soooooo much more than watching it on telly. The sheer power, the speed, the NOISE, I think it loses a lot watching it on telly. Or so I've heard.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Do you like cars, do you watch Top Gear?

Anyone who enjoys looking at a top quality car, would LOVE to go to a Grand Prix. Seeing them live is just soooooo much more than watching it on telly. The sheer power, the speed, the NOISE, I think it loses a lot watching it on telly. Or so I've heard.

Back in the late 80s I worked for Southern Air in Shoreham and we would charter a big russian chopper and fly people into silverstone for hospitality and the race etc. I found the time the race going on just boring and loud but it was great mingling with all the ladies and pretending to be a helicopter pilot by talking about low cloud base etc.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I will admit to having gone to Old Trafford to watch a Champions' League match behind a glass screen once.

I watch most of my life through a reinforced glass screen.

I don't mind that, but the leather restraining straps around my neck, wrists and ankles do chafe sometimes.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I feel rather guilty for telling people i am ill. Actually i am running at 110%, catching urban gazelles and roaming in parks with blood on these loose lips and cash in my naked spotty pockets.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
enjoy it. I've had a few freebies in the past and they're fun, although I think you'll find the reason F1 is made so inaccessible is because they don't want the general public to find out how normal it really is behind the scenes !

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
munster monch said:
Back in the late 80s I worked for Southern Air in Shoreham and we would charter a big russian chopper and fly people into silverstone for hospitality and the race etc. I found the time the race going on just boring and loud but it was great mingling with all the ladies and pretending to be a helicopter pilot by talking about low cloud base etc.

Hey, cool. Any chance of a lift on Sunday?

The race is only a small part of the day. I'll be there about 7-8 hours, and the race is going to be less than 90 mins of it.

Bring it on .... I simply CANNOT wait.

:p

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gritt . . .watch out for support races, many of them are better than the F1 . . . .especially the historics, plenty of sideways action . . .shame they haven't got historic saloons or we'd be there !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good for you Gritt, whatever turns you on.

I was in Monte carlo once and was offered a chance to be on a boat moored just by the finishing line of the Grand Prix but I turned it down as I have ZERO interest in motor racing. I got howled down by my mates who asked how could have done that but why should I go to somewhere that held no appeal at all?

I certainly moan when people with no interest in cricket get tickets for Lord's, why should motor racing be different?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
zefarelly said:
Gritt . . .watch out for support races, many of them are better than the F1 . . . .especially the historics, plenty of sideways action . . .shame they haven't got historic saloons or we'd be there !

Cheers. I was thinking about watching that one, as it's AFTER the F1 race, so staying to watch that would just allow the traffic to disperse a big.

Then it's the after race party with Status Quo, :D

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
agreed Gwylan, I have no interest in 'horse racing' and have turned down tix to watch live pet food running around with dwarves on their backs being flogged to death. I'm prepared to take freebies for pretty much anything else thouigh !

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You lucky, lucky b*stard, Gritt23!

I do confess, though, that I could have had two free tickets on the pit straight last year but was unable to go. I was absolutely gutted, but the mate who got them given to him (and also couldn't go) did give me a few quid for selling them on Ebay for him. :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gritt23 said:
Cheers. I was thinking about watching that one, as it's AFTER the F1 race, so staying to watch that would just allow the traffic to disperse a big.

Then it's the after race party with Status Quo, :D

bloody good move, and you know the Quo will be great

it was the BEach boys 2 years ago

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I've had a fair few freebies in my time but never F1 - I'd be there in a flash...who cares that its an elitist sport for elitists and those who are ugly enough to be rich...I'd go if i got free tix, Zef did but he never offered them to me :( meany pants ;)

have fun!! :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here