Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hypathetical question

Nov 20, 2003
hove
If you won 10 million QUID on the lottery ,how much would you invest in the club , also what clauses would you involk ie Iwould only put in 5MILLION IF "I had complete control of how my money was spent and I want a complete clear out of all back room staff and dead wood players.please discuss

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I would like complete control, I'd feel gutted if all my money was spent on a Paul Kitson, i'd be so ashamed..lol

oneboot

Aug 4, 2003
Burgess Hill
If I was in the position to give 5 million to the club I would leave it in the hands of Dick and Martin. I have complete faith in the way they are running the club.

If I were to win 10 mil I would not make an instant donation. I would get house etc sorted before making a large donation. If the club was in dire need of the cash though I would have to think twice about the delay, but this won’t happen with Dick and Martin.

Good job lads

Last edited:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I have always said if I had a major win on the lottery, I would give 50% to the club.

In return I would want a seat on the board, but would leave the day to day running of the club to Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lush said:
If I won 10 million I would give it ALL to the club, but they would have to buy back Bobby Zamora and he would have to sleep with me.

:)

It's just like being at work when a leaving card for someone comes round.

Someone has always already written what I was going to say.

Jan 26, 2004
I would get a house (no mortgage obviously, and nothing too grand) a nice car and furnishings, and put a bit away (probably totalling £1 million) then give the rest to the club, and just be happy with a season ticket, and a place on the board for life!!

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
I'll be honest, I'd give most of it to the club but would not relish the responsibility of influencing how it was spent...

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I would hold some of it back, as I am sure the club would need some more at a later date. If the balance was invested wisely I would be able to give more money for future player purchases.

jail bird said:
I'll be honest, I'd give most of it to the club but would not relish the responsibility of influencing how it was spent...

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
ManxSeagull said:
I would hold some of it back, as I am sure the club would need some more at a later date. If the balance was invested wisely I would be able to give more money for future player purchases.

but the responsibility... for me it would be too much

lets face it everyone has there opinion on bhafc matters and it would be hard to take criticism well...

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
You have a good point !!

Ok changed my mind...

Anon gift to the club with a helicopter pad space without my name on it in return.

jail bird said:
but the responsibility... for me it would be too much

lets face it everyone has there opinion on bhafc matters and it would be hard to take criticism well...

I would consider giving my £5 million to the club in exchange for an arrangement whereby they reduced ticket prices by £10 for the first half million tickets that were sold for Falmer.

That would shut up the moaners for the first season and would ensure that a new, bigger fan base was rapidly built up.

But the money would be gone within a year. £5 million ain't that much. It's certainly not enough to give honey boy zimba "complete control of how my money was spent"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here