Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hwang Hee-chan

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can the mods either split out the Webster pile in onto another thread, or change the thread title please ?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think he would be a great signing. It's a shame he can't play as a defensive midfielder though because Dale Stephens is absolutely shite. It's true though isn't it? He's slow of both body and mind these days. Dale bloody Stephens and don't get me started on that useless f***er Webster.....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
'We won't be negotiating with any club': RB Salzburg sporting director insists they won't sell forward Hee-Chan Hwang... even for £34million

'Hwang is not for sale in this transfer period,' he told Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten.

'We won't let him go for 40million euros (£34m) either. We won't be negotiating with any club.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...irector-insists-wont-sell-Hee-Chan-Hwang.html

Wasn't it reported somewhere that he has a release clause, with a predetermined value, written into his contract?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
'We won't be negotiating with any club': RB Salzburg sporting director insists they won't sell forward Hee-Chan Hwang... even for £34million

'Hwang is not for sale in this transfer period,' he told Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten.

'We won't let him go for 40million euros (£34m) either. We won't be negotiating with any club.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...irector-insists-wont-sell-Hee-Chan-Hwang.html

Didn’t Bristol City say more or less the same thing about Sam Baldock, and didn’t Blackburn say the same about Big Shane Duffy just before we singed them?

He could be the goal Hwang(er) we need.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Murray does go to Forest, or indeed anyone else, we will need 2 new strikers. The club knows this, but, are still allowing Murray to have talks.
I’m thinking that we will get 2 in, the Russian lad, Chalov and Hwang. The chatter on Chalov has gone very quite, it’s a bit like when we have singed various players, a rumour early in the window, then no mention till about the day before it happens. With Hwang, his club have come out and declared he’s not going anywhere, no matter how much is on the table.

Me thinks, they doth protest too much.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Murray does go to Forest, or indeed anyone else, we will need 2 new strikers. The club knows this, but, are still allowing Murray to have talks.
I’m thinking that we will get 2 in, the Russian lad, Chalov and Hwang. The chatter on Chalov has gone very quite, it’s a bit like when we have singed various players, a rumour early in the window, then no mention till about the day before it happens. With Hwang, his club have come out and declared he’s not going anywhere, no matter how much is on the table.

Chalov has gone CSKA's winter break training camp in Spain. Along with a newly signed striker ( Shkurin) and another striker ( Karaev ) 'on trial'...

They seem to be acquiring strikers in case Fyodor leaves...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hard to believe that our goal difference is only -5 with such a liability in defence :smile:

Good that he’s offset this with three goals of his own too :thumbsup:

I don’t get the slagging off of Webster in a team whose style leaves the defence much more exposed than it was last season when every game started with “don’t concede” as the mantra, with almost no intent to score, other than a breakaway, until we were 2-0 down.

Just think how much better it could be....

Obviously because we are more offensive it does offset, some of the sloppy goals we are conceding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This anti-Webster shtick is getting dull. Yes, he had a shocker against Sheff Utd, and has made a few other mistakes this season. But, then again, Dunk was poor against Everton. That game exposed his judgment (should have been sent off and conceded a penalty. After five minutes), and his lack of pace (on two occasions on long chases he was overtaken). Duffy was poor against Bournemouth, his positioning and lack of pace was exposed. Duffy's a fine CB in a CH style system, but when you play a high line, which we do under Potter, he doesn't look so good.

Webster, by contrast, does have pace, as he revealed in outsprinting the rapid Calvert-Lewin in a long chase. He's also a pro-active CB that takes risks, coming out of position to try and win the ball back in order to launch a counter-attack. Alongside the slower, but positionally-astute Dunk who is also an excellent passer and a great last-ditch, body-on-the-line CB, Webster complements him to produce a promising and developing partnership. It's such a combined skill-set that Potter wants, which is why he's signed, and repeatedly picks, Webster. Remember, he's young-ish, just 24, and has only played half a season in the PL.
I'm convinced that part of the hostility towards him is informed by a justified loyalty to Duffy, who was our PotS and was great under CH, and is a brilliant backs-to-the-wall CB, but just doesn't suit Potter's style so well, particularly alongside Dunk.

Not only Sheff Utd though is it.
Chelsea away, and partially home.
Wolves. Bristol Rovers away.
Dunk is bailing him out regularly.

His biggest weakness is his inability to win 50/50’s.

After a good start even with the ball at his feet he looks shaky, his 3rd touch when dribbling is quite heavy (although better than Duffy).

Webster does have much better pace and as I said he will undoubtedly improve next season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very sad, a possible new signing thread has become a Webster bashing fest by the usual suspects.

Yawn!
forget it was a forum for discussion?
Just supporting BG as he is correct IMO.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yawn!
forgot it was a forum for discussion?
Just supporting BG as he is correct IMO.

There speaks a man who has some of CH defender’s genes :lolol:

I am thinking he’s a Lawrenson rough diamond

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Chalov has gone CSKA's winter break training camp in Spain. Along with a newly signed striker ( Shkurin) and another striker ( Karaev ) 'on trial'...

They seem to be acquiring strikers in case Fyodor leaves...

That’s quite promising though I would have thought......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There speaks a man who has some of CH defender’s genes :lolol:

I am thinking he’s a Lawrenson rough diamond

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji108]
True.

Could be a Lawrenson in three seasons or so...

Not writing him off, just think he’s struggling.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think the whole thing is actually quite exciting.

Imagine getting two in!!!

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Salzberg really are the tescos on European football. If you fancy a new player just nip down there and pick one up.

Though as a club who often play the “it’s a nice place to live card” when signing players, we’ll find ourselves unable to trump Salzberg. We’ll just have to rely on the “we’ll double your wages” approach

Hoffenheim bought Diadie Samassekou from RB Salzberg at the start of the season for £10m. He would have been an amazing signing for the Albion. He's a defensive midfielder btw, not a forward.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Being reported we still have an interest...
93F45332-1510-4673-B644-6BDE72F71484.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here