Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
100% they do.

However, the point I was referring to is that article clearly gives the timeline that states The Sun were contacted by the mother of the boy in the original story. They didn't sniff it out themselves. The police concluded there was no further action. Then nothing happened between July and November, at which point the police discovered a much bigger issue by themselves.

My reason for noting the story is on the BBC website is that I don't believe @carlzeiss is the type that believes what he reads on there.

In terms of how they handled Edwards, however, that was poor.
The timeline on the BBC doesn't prove one way or another whether the Sun article had any influence on the Police eventually charging HE only that they were contacted by the BBC after the article was first published as far as I can tell .

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’m always laughing at the bed wetters on here laughing about national treasure pedos they defended 12 months ago, it kinda puts things into perspective.

Like trying to sleep in a PISS soaked mattress……….you KNOW what I mean don’t you.
After that night we spent in a Hamburg nightclub together I certainly do.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Just for clarification, the Sexual Offences Act was 2003. Keir Starmer wasn’t even an MP, so your cheap jibes fall on fallow ground.

Maybe you don’t understand the point I was making re the “public perception” of Two Teir Keir, which he will now be known because of his support for the “full force of the law” for anyone linked to the Southport riots when contrasted to other cases like this one for Edwards.

I am not saying that such perception is fair or unfair, nor deserved or undeserved, the fact is however that the vast majority of the general public will roll their eyes at this sentence and the lack of wider condemnation for Edwards and see a Two Teir justice system of which the PM is at the helm.

On the broader point, it already appears telling that Two Teir Keir is not quite the paragon of open handed public service he has presented himself in the last couple years. Clothes gate is really a trifle and so is the Arsenal hospitality stuff, however, and this is the depressing bit, he clearly has no political radar on how these things look.

For a self styled son of a toolmaker, who has a few million in the bank, not buying your missus’ clobber and his own hospitality season ticket he is looking like an entitled tightarse.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
I have no issue with the sentencing as it is in line with the guidelines in place, the judges hands are tied, but they need to change.

The judge did mention mental health and was taken into consideration, this shouldn't be a thing in these kind of cases, but I agree with the overall point you are making

If you are a nonce, people have the right to know you are a nonce, would the people making these decisions be happy not knowing if a nonce lived next to them?
Just a point of pedantry, was it not a magistrate in this case, as oppose to a JUDGE.

It’s right there isn’t it……….national treasure sex cases being dealt with on that TEIR of the justice system.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Nothing on the internet is completely anonymous, especially when you choose to donate money to NSC’s owner.
You’re quite right on this one, however I did reference “all things being equal” that sentiment was of course aspirational.

Like Huw’s case not everybody is treated equally. Which is a shame, but a fact of life…………recognising it is the key.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just a point of pedantry, was it not a magistrate in this case, as oppose to a JUDGE.

It’s right there isn’t it……….national treasure sex cases being dealt with on that TEIR of the justice system.
On a point of pedantry, it’s TIER!
and yes, it was a magistrate.
And in the grand scheme of things, I think the Prime Minister has probably got bigger fish to fry than personally overseeing the sentencing of this particular case….. like sorting out the total mess that the previous administration left behind.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe you don’t understand the point I was making re the “public perception” of Two Teir Keir, which he will now be known because of his support for the “full force of the law” for anyone linked to the Southport riots when contrasted to other cases like this one for Edwards.

I am not saying that such perception is fair or unfair, nor deserved or undeserved, the fact is however that the vast majority of the general public will roll their eyes at this sentence and the lack of wider condemnation for Edwards and see a Two Teir justice system of which the PM is at the helm.

On the broader point, it already appears telling that Two Teir Keir is not quite the paragon of open handed public service he has presented himself in the last couple years. Clothes gate is really a trifle and so is the Arsenal hospitality stuff, however, and this is the depressing bit, he clearly has no political radar on how these things look.

For a self styled son of a toolmaker, who has a few million in the bank, not buying your missus’ clobber and his own hospitality season ticket he is looking like an entitled tightarse.
There you go again politicising the abuse of children.

What would you say would be an appropriate sentence for someone who tries to burn down a hotel with all the staff inside?

What if a previously convicted nonce like Warren Gilchrest attacks police in a far right riot?

What if they had 14 previous convictions like Derek Drummond?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here