Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

abc

Jan 6, 2007
The BBC knew he had been arrested, but that means nothing. He might have been not guilty, and you can't sack anyone on mere allegations. They say they would have fired him if and when he had been charged, but he resigned before then.

You can't blame the BBC for keeping anything quiet. There are legal restrictions on they an and cannot report in these cases. It isn't like a social media witch hunt (compare the EDL idiots at Southport yesterday).

I think you are right. However challenging, we must all follow and passionately protect the mantra ‘innocent until proven guilty’. That’s a grown up principal that social media has abandoned with often tragic consequences

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I think it's more a Murray Walker line Except he's dead. Back to the drawing board.
Barry Davies in full 1970s Match Of The Day way. Not quite to the hyperbole of Walker, but carries the authority of being alive during the era, an English gentleman and broadcaster extraordinaire and never a person of interest to Operation Yewtree.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Barry Davies in full 1970s Match Of The Day way. Not quite to the hyperbole of Walker, but carries the authority of being alive during the era, an English gentleman and broadcaster extraordinaire and never a person of interest to Operation Yewtree.
You've nailed it. He could do the "Look at her face, Just look at her face' line like old times

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Edwards get a 40k increase but they take my winter fuel allowance off me ffs
Edwards pay is/was through the BBC.
winter Fuel Payments are from the government.
you might as well blame your gas supplier for the fact that Southern Rail’s service is not very good.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would happily pay 3x the licence fee if they put that on iPlayer.
It’ll probably be forwarded to you on a WhatsApp group, but unknown to you it’ll actually be dubbed over the sound of that woman making really loud sex noises and/or suddenly have a shot of that bloke in the hat with the infeasibly long penis.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
1000012571.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here