Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Huw Edwards

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The beeb need to be defunded, or whatever, as an institution it’s morally degenerate. Whether or not they took steps that were pastoral for HE when the story broke, the optics now look like helping him to cover up on his criminal sexual deviancies by playing the old “mental health” card.

The conduct of the BBC with protecting their staff in the past is not good, people should not have to contribute to a failed institution, and certainly not sex cases salaries and pensions.

Not that I do personally………….which is a silver lining for me as we lurch from one BBC crisis to the next……..
They aren’t above the law though 🤷🏻‍♂️

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Is there evidence the BBC knew of his alleged offending?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I would guess most employers won't know what's on employees whatsapp messages.

However, it's reasonable to ask if there are any red flags which should have been noticed like there were with Savill.

I'm a supporter of the BBC and this is another utter disaster

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I would guess most employers won't know what's on employees whatsapp messages.

However, it's reasonable to ask if there are any red flags which should have been noticed like there were with Savill.

I'm a supporter of the BBC and this is another utter disaster
Well yes, it is, but this is a very different situation to the Savile’s and others. This is being presented (heh) as a guy allegedly committing crimes while working for the BBC, in the same way a guy charged murder who works for Butlins doesn’t implicate all redcoats at Bognor Regis

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So what’s happened at Butlins then ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The stats for the amount of people who get done for this stuff aren't small. You never know who's around you in society, so many twisted individuals, if that's the right term.
Indeed. There was a wrong un who worked in my office for years. No one had a clue. He was sent down for 20+ years a while back.

We did get a paid afternoon off work when the serious crime squad raided the office to seize his computers - they didn't tell us employees the reason at the time - just that there were some investigators doing some inquiries into unspecified matters and we could go home.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Pfft, evidence schmevidence

People have their hobby horses, god damn it, and they MUST ride them

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Indeed. Its become the catch-all terminology for practically every negative issue people have to deal with in life.
It's interesting; I know someone who is a psychologist. They work with all sorts of people with all sorts of problems and they would probably argue that every single decision we make comes down to our mental health at its root. Which would then mean that every negative in a persons life is down to their mental health.

I don't necessarily subscribe to that belief personally but it's an interesting thought experiment: are terrible things done by people because they suffer from poor mental health or are some people just wrong'uns. Both?

I've no idea. But this thread and the Southport tragedy lead me to believe some people are just wrong at their core.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I especially like it when thickos say “I’ve got mental helath”.

No. What you have, Dear is a lack of education.
I agree.
Everyone has "mental health" good or bad.
Mental health issues or problems are what some should be looking to excuse their behaviour with.
I remember a video I watched a while back where some scrote was scroting about and being violent.
As soon as the Old Bill grabbed him he immediately resorted to telling them "I've got mental health".
Thick Twat.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yup. You can pin pretty much anything on that nowadays.
And it works. No doubt about that. Ask that bastard who killed the two young students and the school caretaker in Nottingham. Got him a nice cushy secure hospital place at £275K per annum (as opposed to £53K ish per annum in prison)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
More mental health issues will be the excuse I imagine.
I got told off for having that attitude months back. “Oh Questions we thought you were better than that …We thought you had touched on this yourself”
I was scathing of that defence because yes I have had problems in that direction and he and supporters were blagging it.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
And it works. No doubt about that. Ask that bastard who killed the two young students and the school caretaker in Nottingham. Got him a nice cushy secure hospital place at £275K per annum (as opposed to £53K ish per annum in prison)
And he receives universal credit payments into his Bank account monthly which can be accessed once he is deemed fit to be released as is being held in a secure hospital rather than a prison

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here