Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzeler or Rydstrom [Potter rules himself out]

Please don’t merge. Prefer Hurzeler, Rydstrom, Martin, or other, as new manager?

• Fabian Hurzeler

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Russell Martin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Thank God.
The whole Potter thing was utterly absurd.
Does make us look daft though, media reporting we want him, him ruling himself out.
Our reputation definitely taken a big hit in 2024.
My sense is that it has among fans of the club but that the RDZ saga and the search for a successor have not been closely followed by most others, be it fans or pundits, and that those who have paid attention tend to be more sympathetic than judgmental. The line about us being well-run is still repeated ad nauseam on the various general football podcasts I listen to so I'm not quite sure our reputation has taken loads of damage.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
My sense is that it has among fans of the club but that the RDZ saga and the search for a successor have not been closely followed by most others, be it fans or pundits, and that those who have paid attention tend to be more sympathetic than judgmental. The line about us being well-run is still repeated ad nauseam on the various general football podcasts I listen to so I'm not quite sure it's taken loads of damage.
Yeah I do agree with this, mostly. What I'm hearing from fans of other clubs is mostly criticism of RDZ not the club.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's pray he doesn't! I'm not inclined to welcome back a dullard who shafted us mid season and took half the gang with him. He also knows a lot of fans will feel like that so why would he want to return and put himself under so much pressure from the outset? A classic ' never go back ' scenario.
You wouldn't have to welcome him back, and he doesn't want to come back - he has ruled himself out (whether or not his return was ever discussed by people that matter - i.e. not people on NSC!)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Potter "Well, I'd quite like an easy life again"

Bloom "I wish I could say that it would be, but there's 29,997 fans that intend to boo you, or even rip up their season tickets and smash their iPhones"

Potter "It is what it is"

Corrected for you

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You wouldn't have to welcome him back, and he doesn't want to come back - he has ruled himself out (whether or not his return was ever discussed by people that matter - i.e. not people on NSC!)
Isn't that what I said?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
groundhogday_onesheet_1400x2100.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Personally, I have no idea and don't give a sh!t right now.

We may as well appoint Bill Murray.

This is the first time I've sensed that Tony and Paul have cocked up a bit (since Sami that is).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The managerial saga continues. Potter has ruled himself out. Who would you prefer out of the rumoured candidates with shortest odds?
Thread merged. There should be plenty of room on the current threads for this discussion. Any new ones will be closed or merged.

And, FYI, it won't be Russell Martin so don't bother voting for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was always obvious we wouldn’t go back for Potter. Also it was obvious he wouldn’t want to come back.

What I can’t understand is why a few on here were obsessed and kept going on about Potter. It was never going to happen.

“a few” who barely mentioned the bloke in praise between Oct 22 to Dec 23.

Then the cult [yes, that’s an “l”] got rolling, his football acumen enhanced by the week.

Eventually, binary thinking, he became the best candidate.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Ben Jacob’s is suggesting there’s 2 more we are interested in. Given profile of 2 we know about one of them has to be Neestrup, but the other?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here