Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hurzeler or Rydstrom [Potter rules himself out]

Please don’t merge. Prefer Hurzeler, Rydstrom, Martin, or other, as new manager?

• Fabian Hurzeler

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Henrik Rydstrom

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Russell Martin

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I need to make some international phonecalls.
Okie doke. My point is, you don’t actually know. So it could be a planted story. I’m not saying it is, but it could be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Give him credit, he’s the only person who spotted that Mac Allister’s been a flop at Liverpool, disliked by the supporters.
:lolol: A Matt Le Tiss style free thinker!

I’ve been keeping one eye on St Pauli all season so there’s no question this would be a left field appointment (literally). As a conservative-minded chap I could be persuaded. . .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Okie doke. My point is, you don’t actually know. So it could be a planted story. I’m not saying it is, but it could be.

As a fellow lifelong football fan, I’ve learnt through experience to shut out the scattergun stories from the tabloids (haven’t we all) and an army of social media liars trying to give up their real job.

Through trial and error, I found the nuggets only come from the broadsheets, Ornstein, Melissa Reddy and Alex Crook. The Athletic is pay only, I don’t subscribe, so I wouldn’t know if they’re highly reliable too. I’m not bothered about their secret sauces, but I do know that they seem to come up with the goods.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sticking with maccer not being good enough for a top 4 EPL team. Let's see next season with the new boy in charge.
Fair play. But how do you define not good enough? If Liverpool finish top 4, and Mac plays over 2/3 of the EPL games, I’d say he is “good enough for a top 4 EPL team”. He’ll do this imho. Do you have different criteria?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Anyone but Potter.

Agreed.

Doesn't matter that he's a quality manager, he had the absolute AUDACITY to mildly patronise the negative minority at the Amex who forgot (or weren't there) where we came from and decided to boo despite being safe and dry in the Premier League. Not to mention, the CHEEK to say that life at Brighton was easier than working for Boehly and the entitled Chelsea fans. Don't even get me STARTED on the fact he left us with the best ever Brighton squad, on a high, to leave for five times the salary and ten times the transfer budget at a bigger club - what kind of scum bag would do that?!

I totally agree with you - we should settle for some mediocre unknown random who may well get us into a relegation battle, rather than go for a quality, proven former Albion manager, who said some things that mildly offended a few of our fans.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As a fellow lifelong football fan, I’ve learnt through experience to shut out the scattergun stories from the tabloids (haven’t we all) and an army of social media liars trying to give up their real job.

Through trial and error, I found the nuggets only come from the broadsheets, Ornstein, Melissa Reddy and Alex Crook. The Athletic is pay only, I don’t subscribe, so I wouldn’t know if they’re highly reliable too. I’m not bothered about their secret sauces, but I do know that they seem to come up with the goods.
But, you can never say for certain that a rumor is proven.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
To be a fly on the wall in a potential Bloom and Potter interview for the job...

Bloom... ''So Graham, we'd like to interview you regarding the vacant managers position''.

Potter.. ''Sooooo, YOU want me back?''

Bloom.. 'No not really, but we do want your coaching abilities and unfortunaltely it comes as a package''
Edited for you

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just shows what an absolute bollock we’ve dropped in dispensing with RDZ when these 3 are left on the shortlist. Ye Gods
RDZ wanted us to splash out on mid career players with limited resale value in the hope of immediate success so he could look good and get his big move next year.

I don't blame him, it's his career, but I wholeheartedly believe his wishes were in his interest, not the club's.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Just shows what an absolute bollock we’ve dropped in dispensing with RDZ when these 3 are left on the shortlist. Ye Gods
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. I loved De Zerbi but the relationship between him and the club seemed to have soured.
I think this window could be a really exciting one for us and yet it seemed like with Roberto it was going to have to veer away from our model for transfers. That can’t happen so we needed to move on and we did it in a very respectful way to him.
Both Hurzeler and Rydstrom seem like risks but I prefer both to someone like Cooper.
Plus, if it takes either one a little time to find their feet then Bloom and Barber will give them that. The squad is certainly good enough for mid table and so we can take a bit of a risk.
It would be Hurzeler for me as I think he has the Bayern winning mentality at his core and seems to have the coaching ability, tactical acumen and intelligence to adapt.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Didn’t the Rydstrom rumour start from @Han Solo / Swansman and slowly make its way into mainstream media here?

If Hurzeler is a left field/wildcard option then Christ knows what Rydstrom is. Would be insanely risky - I really don’t think there’s anything in that rumour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here