Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hurricane Sandy

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Lights still on. Wind blowing hard BUT not as bad as 1987 in Brighton. Now that was something........my house on Jersey Shore has 4 feet on first floor. Neighbour who stayed called me to share the good news. Anyone who stayed on one of the barrier islands must now regret that decision. Six more hours before wind eases.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Think there is a high chance that pic is a fake. :lol:

day-after-tomorrow-wallpaper.jpeg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My best mate is in Hoboken New Jersey at the moment and the Hudson river has already flooded the winds are 75- 105mph.
They are all on a City wide curfew until 1pm their time 5pm our time.
Some places have already lost power too Philly is getting battered badly so is Washington

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
getting very messy here in Brooklyn - lights flickering on and off, immense wind, not a huge amount of rain though... My office is closed tomorrow as its in the flood zone in lower manhattan - I guess I will be working from home for a few days

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lights still on. Wind blowing hard BUT not as bad as 1987 in Brighton. Now that was something........my house on Jersey Shore has 4 feet on first floor. Neighbour who stayed called me to share the good news. Anyone who stayed on one of the barrier islands must now regret that decision. Six more hours before wind eases.

Storm surge not as much as expected. Recent strom surge in Shoreham was 0.33 metres over expected. This one is about the same (reports on this side of the pond) although there are spring tides as there was for Shoreham.

Storm surges are really wet. 1953 England.

The water just comes up and then of there is wind and rain as well. February 1983 in Shoreham and one metre storm surge on a 6.3 metres tide.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pah. I've been Bass fishing on Worthing pier in rougher weather than that.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
About 800,000 now without power in NYC. Mass transit will be out until further notice so another day off work. Many parts of Hoboken under several feet of water and water pouring into the PATH transit system - not looking good

Last edited:

About 800,000 now without power in NYC. Mass transit will be out until further notice so another day off work. Many parts of Hoboken under several feet of water and water pouring into the PATH transit system - not looking good

I wonder if NY marathon will be cancelled on Sunday?

I know several people from the UK who are meant to be running it or perhaps swimming the 26.2 miles this year?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I wonder if NY marathon will be cancelled on Sunday?

I know several people from the UK who are meant to be running it or perhaps swimming the 26.2 miles this year?

I’d imagine with the city’s current problems the Marathon is the least of their worries. But if anyone can get things sorted out by next Sunday New York can.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
http://http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20133158

Just reading this report makes me realise just how far up Americas arse we really are. Last sentence is unbelievable. A few very sad deaths, a crane has collapsed, a bit of water running down the street, oh and by the way, dozens of people have already been killed, probably in Haiti or somewhere like that.

This will have been lifted from an American source. It's an article about Sandy in the US, with a reminder that deaths occurred in Haiti in previous days due to Sandy. I don't see what you're complaining about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here