Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HURRICANE LATEST - shock news

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Don't laugh. I really imagine that there is some nagging synapse which is telling him that he needs to invade New Orleans with the National Guard to regain control with a shoot on sight/curfew policy.

Martial law, anyone?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I sympathise with the people who have been affected by this terrible hurricane.Trouble is, they have had to send in soldiers to protect against looting, how f***ing sad is that, it's nothing to do with looting food shops, but people are actually robbing houses and stores.

Further more, some twats started shooting at a helicopter delivering aid, Jesus, those Americans need a lesson in dignity. Perhaps they could try experiencing a cruise missile attack, with no hope of any aid, at all, then they might just get real.

Any one they arrest responsible for this type of behaviour should be sent to prison in Iraq, then released on parole with no money, no family and no way to get back home

Again, I point out my total sympathy to those who have been devastated by this, but that nation has an overly large proportion of complete twats living in it.:angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes but do you really think that under the same circumstances the same thing wouldn't happen here ?

New Orleans once you get a few blocks from Burbon Street is very run down and poor. I don't condone looting but I can understand it.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Was watching this on the news this morning and found it amazing just how bad it was out there. Some bloke was saying that certain parts of the areas hit may never be rebuilt.

I agree about the looting of food. At the end of the day if you have no food and no where is open to buy it then you need to feed your family. But stealing other stuff like TV's etc is just plain wrong

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
a lot of raping too going on i heard on the radio.:nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
brighton_b0y said:
a lot of raping too going on i heard on the radio.:nono:

Sadly I would say that's tragically possible.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
bhaexpress said:
Yes but do you really think that under the same circumstances the same thing wouldn't happen here ?

To be honest no I don't think it would, its the difference between the Amercian mentailty and ours.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gazwag said:
To be honest no I don't think it would, its the difference between the Amercian mentailty and ours.

Remember the Brixtan riots ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Some would say and apart from that it's academic anyway. A disaster is a disaster no matter what the reason.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
when we had that weather in 87 i was walking along western rd and saw 2 youths nicking a tv out of radio rentals,i must say i was tempted it was 6 in the morning,shop alarms going off everywhere

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
the sad thing is hollywood is bound to make a blockbuster out of this.

i just can't believe how bad the bush administration is with dealing with the situation. all the british reporters are livid. i don't ever remember seeing reports from all channels where the reporters are all so angry/upset by events.

in some ways you can see why america is so bad at dealing with the aftermath of their actions. ie iraq etc. they are completely inept at planning strategies. they knew of this impending hurricane but where was the action plan? bush, i believe has blood on his hands again. this time in his own country. :(

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The thing that I find the most upsetting is that unless you had the financial means of getting out, you were left by the Goverment to the rideout the storm. The victims are the poor and the homeless, and from the TV footage they are predominately Black.
The deep south ... don't you just love it ..

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crash on the levee mama,

water's gonna overflow,

swamp's gonna rise,

no boat's gonna row.

Now you can train on down

to William's point,

you can bust your feet,

you can rock this joint.

But oh mama, ain't you gonna

miss your best friend now.

You gonna have to find yourself

another best friend somehow.

Now don't you try and move me,
you're just gonna lose.
There's a crash on the levee
and mama you been refused.
Well it's sugar for sugar
and it's salt for salt,
if you go down in the flood
it's gonna be your fault.
Oh mama, ain't you gonna miss
your best friend now.
Yes you gonna have to find yourself

Well that high tide's rising,
mama don't you let me down.
Pack up your suitcase,
mama don't you make a sound.
Now it's king for king,
queen for queen,
it's gonna be the meanest flood
that anybody's seen.
Oh mama, ain't you gonna miss
your best friend now.
Yes you gonna have to find yourself

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Deportivo Seagull said:
The thing that I find the most upsetting is that unless you had the financial means of getting out, you were left by the Goverment to the rideout the storm. The victims are the poor and the homeless, and from the TV footage they are predominately Black.
The deep south ... don't you just love it ..

Sadly oh so true. :(

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
brightonfan_86 said:
The weather is nature, we can't do nothing about it. Is that true about Sharks swimming in the streets?
A single three foot long shark was spotted the following day. The bull shark (3rd most dangerous shark in the world) frequently swim up the Mississipi so it's entirely possible that it was one of those.

Alligators and poisonous snakes are also all over the show hampering relief efforts.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The trouble with living in the land of the free, where everything is hinged on the American Dream, is that some people simply cannot attain that dream. However, you can feed them TV pictures of the lifestyles of the rich and famous, you can feed them cheap booze and drugs, and you can show them how compassionate the US is when it comes to foreign aid (especially when the politicos can get their mugs on telly delivering it!). But when the aid is required a little closer to home, and fails to appear, then people get a little pissed off. If this had been post 9/11, then aid would have been coming up the Mississippi in gunboats. As it is, the only thing coming up the river is likely to be US Marines recreating the Mekong Delta patrols in their home country until GB can regain control.

What is even more sad is that they are looting electrical items, and they don't have electrical power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here