Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Humble Pie SERVED HERE **

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
5 points from last 3 away games and 7 scored . Who would have taken that after Boro game?

And yes ill have a slice .....

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i said lua lua couldn't play a full game and was an impact sub and to accept it :nono:

i'll have a large slice please

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not humble pie at all. All Oscar has done is played the kind of attacking line-up that we the fans have been clamouring for for a very long time. Pity we have a manager (coach) who cannot figure out for himself that we need an attacking line-up in order to score goals and waits until the pressure from the fans becomes too great to ignore.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ill take a slice.

I said Lua Lua was always awful when he starts. Well tonight I have been proven incredibly wrong and I am delighted with that. Oscar got it all spot on tonight and hopefully nothing changes for Saturday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair it's the sixth place nobody seems to want. I can't understand why Oscar persisted with the trio of Ince, Andrews and JFC for so long, but getting back CMS and Hoskins and Stephens / Lingard starting to settle has given us a boost. Oscar picked the right team tonight and, luckily for us, Leicester must have had some party over the weekend.

Really looking forward to Saturday now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I thought we'd win tonight but was dead against KLL starting so I guess I'll have a slice too.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why? they have played crap for weeks and hardly had a shot at Barnsley when chasing promotion. The players deserved all the stick they got. One swallow against an already promoted side doesn't make a summer. If they do manage to scrape into the play offs then they have only just reached the bare minimum

You're a barrel of laughs aren't you.
Considering the upheaval in the summer and our constant injuries, we've done bloody well to still be in it this late on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'll pass thanks, he should have listened earlier.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I love that people on here are so self important that they think Oscar has listened to them and has selected a team based on what a few people have said on a messageboard. Yes, clearly OG has bowed to our oh so influential pressure.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Fantastic result tonight.

But lets not get too carried away.

It was a freak result.

After a few months of boring negative rubbish, we all are over the moon with that result, but if it takes us another 3 months to produce another its not going to count for much is it.

If we perform like that for the rest of the season, then I'm sure Oscar will win all his doubters over.

If we perform like that for the rest of the season, I'll order a large slice of humble pie!

But lets not too carried away with a result against a side who won promotion on Saturday.

If Oscars tactics worked that well, well enough to beat Leicester 4-1 on their own patch, then I would suggest we would have been promoted by Christmas, not fighting for the final play off spot.

Lets hope it continues.

But lets not get too smug just yet shall we.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
5 games to go yet before the pie should be baked, 1-good game in six with 5pts gained, lets go for 15 from the next 5

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why? they have played crap for weeks and hardly had a shot at Barnsley when chasing promotion. The players deserved all the stick they got. One swallow against an already promoted side doesn't make a summer. If they do manage to scrape into the play offs then they have only just reached the bare minimum

Yes - the players deserved some criticism. The manager possibly a bit. But it's the morons calling for 'Oscar out' that need to eat the pie IMO - although I still think we won't make play offs, tonight is a reminder to some to be more PATIENT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes - the players deserved some criticism. The manager possibly a bit. But it's the morons calling for 'Oscar out' that need to eat the pie IMO - although I still think we won't make play offs, tonight is a reminder to some to be more PATIENT

Fair assessment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here