Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull don't deserve it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I like Hull. Where is Watford - somewhere outside Luton wherever that is?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Actually I have a lot of sympathy with the opening post.

Yes they deserve it, stats don't lie. But I thought they were so dour and boring and did little to entertain at The Amex. Goal difference isn't the best, they robbed us on the opening day when we created a host of chances.

I can't help but keep thinking about Kuszsz's error at Birmingham, Casper vs Forest, CMS missed penalty vs Leeds, Ashley's missed pens, inability to score prior to Ulloa........

Well done to Hull, but I'm not sure what they'll bring to the Prem other than being well organised.

Add to that Bruno's mistake which led to Hull's win on the opening day of the season.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Any team that has +9 GD is not worthy of an automatic spot

Too true, i dont know how they managed to scrape their way into automatic promotion but they did. Pretty dour side, strong defence i guess has just been enough for them. In a way im glad we cant play them for that reason as we have found it v difficult to score against in recent times and we do struggle more against an organized defensive unit. Maybe we've gotta better chance against more open attacking teams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watford are the ones who don't deserve any success. They've built it on NINE loan players from their chairman's other clubs because previous financial incompetence meant they weren't allowed to sign anyone permanently. Glad they f*(*ked it up.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Mcshane's always worth a laugh in the Premiership. Gave me my most ecstatic Albion moment (was abroad for Storer and Reinhelt) but he really is useless against top class players.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Maybe he means they are a pretty ordinary side. The fact that they went up says more about the quality of the Championship.

The lower point spread, the end of season possibilities - best league season for the Champioship!
Bruce was badly treated at Birminging ham. He is a decent bloke and Hull is a club Albion fans had collections for when their existence was under threat.

Good for them - wish it was us.
As for Watford, losing a must win final match at home is deserving of what?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a racing certainty they will occupy one of he relegation places in The Premier next season unless their benefactor hands over a large transfer kitty, which I wouldnt to Steve Bruce, a decent manager perhaps but not him.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I also have a horrible feeling about Leicester. They might be the team on the up (more so than us).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So Hull dont deserve it as opposed to Watford - a team which has 12 players on loan to them after exploiting a loophole ?

At least Hull have got promoted with their own squad.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
To think we've finished 4 points outside of the automatics. It's irritating also to think soppy mistakes have cost us this, just dropping the points against Bolton and Forest would've put us in there plus many more. Frustrating to say the least if we don't go up.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hull do deserve it, of course they do. Not a bad effort with the key men out injured they have had as well.

But it's true we should be kicking ourselves this season. Just two of 18 draws turned into wins, that's all. Chance wasted - but another opportunity to put it right.

Still been a very enjoyable campaign.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Too true, i dont know how they managed to scrape their way into automatic promotion but they did.

I think they got it because all of about half a dozen sides recorded more losses/draws against teams they should have beat or games they should have won than Hull did. The reason why the league was so "tight" this season, it's not only us that should be kicking ourselves!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I feel the same. Not really sure why, could be his man u connection or his oft deluded comments post match. Much like Mark Hughes. Niether have matched in management what they acheived on the pitch.

The Man U thing is definitely a part of it. But it's his whinging hypocrisy that winds me right up. He always plays the 'down to earth, working class, salt of the earth' card too. D***.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here