Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hull city

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i was one of the 4000 doncaster fans in the 23000 crowd at hull today.
not bad for the 3rd division.
shame doncaster had 2 clear handball penalty appeals turned down. hull scored their 2nd with a handball. in 1st half donny outplayed hull. not so brill in the 2nd though. all this was confirmed by hulls commentator on the radio. shame the ref didnt see what this hull supporter and 4000 doncaster fans saw.:nono:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Hull City are a First Division/Premiership club in waiting, there is so much latent support up there it's frightening.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hull City! Premiership! Is this on line gag night?

Hull, correction, The North West Riding have never had a team past the Second or in modern terms been in the First Division. It is an impoverished area that has never survied from Thatcher's rule of the eighties.

The whole area can only support one or two clubs. Pick anyone you wish. However, Just think Leeds are on Hull's doorstep, and I suspect they may be wound up by the end of the season.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hull is the 8th biggest city in the country and is a good way from any league club. They don't even have much competition from Rugby League either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
Err there are 2 Rugby League teams up there, Hull FC and Hull KR. Hull FC who share the KC Stadium get bigger crowds than the football team.

No they don't, that is complete bollocks. Hull City's gates have always shat on Hull FC's. When Hull FC played Leeds Rhinos last season in Superleague, the gate was 13,000. And Hull averaged about 11,700 last season. Not exactly massive. Check out http://www.hullfc.com/fixtures.html if you don't believe me.

That said, you can't say Hull are a Premiership team in waiting any more than Albion, Plymouth, Bristol City or 3 quarters of division one. Hull haven't even played top flight football. That makes them as tin pot as Reading. :lolol:

Albion Rob

Hull City? Is that the same Hull City that used to get crowds of around 3,000 about five years ago at Bootferry Park?

I suppose when you look at the potential support for MK Dons you could say they are a Premiership club waiting to happed... :shootself

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Good luck to 'em...they were almost extinct when David Lloyd sold out.....they've done well to turn it round....a Middlesborough in the making (remember the locked gates at Ayresome park in '86)!

I hope we can copy them and turn our situation around with help from their local MP.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Large One said:
Careful about knocking Hull. Remember who one of their MPs is.

Lovely place Hull, and a wonderful new stadium. If only certain parts of Sussex could aspire to have the same high standard of facilities.... If only someone in power could help make it true!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Albion Rob said:
Hull City? Is that the same Hull City that used to get crowds of around 3,000 about five years ago at Bootferry Park?

I suppose when you look at the potential support for MK Dons you could say they are a Premiership club waiting to happed... :shootself

they have had ave gates of 11000 for past even when at bootferry park

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
great crowd for div3 game. must of been sold out?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
hull fc and hull kr are nothing like the force they used to be. believe me the buzz in hull at the moment is all football. city are a big team. and will end up in the 1st division soon. but despite that they still robbed poor old donny on sunday. and the nerest team to them is sCUNThorpe. now they are hardly going to challenge hull. they have their new stadium and it holds about 10 thousand. but only get 3 thousand if lucky. hull holds 26000 and will regulary fill it if they do well enough. if mr prescott thinks his city should have this wonderfull stadium then please think albion is the only league team in sussex, we also have huge potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here