Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City remove disabled price concessions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This, with bells on.

Check out the shoppers in M&S Holmbush - 90% elderly spending a fortune on overpriced clothing, food, homeware & countless frivolous other things.

M&S is hardly representative of pensioners as a whole though is it?

It seems I'm on my own with concessions.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
M&S is hardly representative of pensioners as a whole though is it?

It seems I'm on my own with concessions.

A concession isn't a neutral thing, something you make just because your really kind.

Its an increased cost to others or a decreased cost to the organisation, therefore it needs merit and has some consequence.

You need to offer a logical reasons for any concessions to any group of people, if not others rightly feel aggrieved.

As far as Albion concessions are concerned ... throw in a debate about student concessions and young people more generally ... and you run into the apparent fact that the stadium is well on course to sell out anyway.

Come back to this if crowds drop to 17,000 - and the arguments would be totally different.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As far as Albion concessions are concerned ... throw in a debate about student concessions and young people more generally ... and you run into the apparent fact that the stadium is well on course to sell out anyway.

Come back to this if crowds drop to 17,000 - and the arguments would be totally different.

But that is not a discussion about the suitablity of concessions, more the issue of marketing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A concession isn't a neutral thing, something you make just because your really kind.

No? I suggest it can be. Not everything has to be driven by the bottom line. I cannot see any strong direct commercial argument for the senior discount for example. Unless someone can show otherwise I presume it's because the club are being kind, as you put it, to this section of society.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No? I suggest it can be. Not everything has to be driven by the bottom line. I cannot see any strong direct commercial argument for the senior discount for example. Unless someone can show otherwise I presume it's because the club are being kind, as you put it, to this section of society.

My point was that concessions require reasoning to those receiving it, at anytime.

LB then said that somehow concessions might become less of an issue if crowds dip, maybe but ultimately concessions should always require financial reasoning.

Any decrease in crowds is likely to be addressed by a dynamic marketing strategy rather than a continuation of some antiquated concession culture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here