Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: "I have no doubts we'll be ready come that first game of the season."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is not hard to understand. I stated what I thought about the squad BEFORE all the signings we subsequently made and keeping Dunk.
You said "Hughton is very very cautious, I feel it will be a long season and midtable with this squad and manager would be a massive achievement." which suggests that Hughton isn't up to much. And while keeping Dunk is good, it's not like we thought he was off before the offers came in, so hardly a good excuse for your negativity.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is not hard to understand. I stated what I thought about the squad BEFORE all the signings we subsequently made and keeping Dunk. It really is not difficult to get to grips with. 2 months ago the squad was Sh*thouse

Hole and digging. Two months ago the squad was fine. We'd got rid of virtually all the deadwood, the signings that we had made looked sensible, and there was the prospect of further signings for another c6 weeks. I was saying the same at the time.
What perhaps we can agree on is that the recruitment process looks at this point to have been excellent. We've spent money, and those that we have spent the most money on that we've seen -- Uwe, Hemed and Murphy (c£4m between them) -- look like cracking business. We've now got a serious squad, capable of challenging for the play-offs, perhaps even promotion. That hasn't happened overnight. It's been a process.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Don't take it personally, you weren't the only negative poster by any means! Besides, threads like these have great comedy value.

On a related subject, did you not start a thread that was a bit pessimistic before the start of the 10/11 season? Let's hope that we get the same result this time!

I think "bit pessimistic" is an understatement (posted on Aug 28 2010):-

The sooner people realise we have no hope of getting promoted this season the better. We will win a few we will lose a few and be mid table / lower mid table all season and finish between 9th and 15th with 60 points. The squad we have is nowhere near good enough for a top 2 finish and way short of a top 6 finish. With the lack of money invested and a lack of signings it is clear promotion this season is not a priority for Bloom or Poyet and I would think the priority is now having an exciting first season at Falmer getting promotion and possibly winning the league. This is the game plan so accept it. We AIN'T going up.

To remind everyone: we went top of the table on September 25th and never relinquished that position, we won promotion on April 12th and secured the title on April 16th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here