Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge driving test scam uncovered

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But true. A friend of mine is a DofT examiner. He has been threatened by male relatives of "females" who are taking their driving test for asking to see ID that shows their whole face. He has also had "ladies" who wear gloves during the test and do not speak at all - he strongly suspects that some of these people are in fact male! He has mentioned this to the head examiner, but in effect has been told that it would not be wise to flag this up as it would open a can of racist worms. The male relatives also demand to sit in the car and talk constantly to the examinee in their own language. One of the DofT guys around here speaks fluent Farsi, and during a test spoke in their language to ask the bloke in the back to stop giving the lady guidance for her test as it was illegal!

Wearing a burqa for religious reasons is fine, but when it impedes the laws of the country in which you are living, your religion has to take second place. This is becoming more enforceable now (at last) and people who claim "racism" are being told in the courts to get a life and conform. I should also like to point out that this applies both ways, and what applies to one should apply to all.

Part of the problem is that large sections of the community have the same name.
When I worked for Yorkshire Electricity we were told that Mohammed in itself is not a given name. It simply means Man and similarly with Begum which means married woman.
So an electricity bill address could not be registered as Mr Mohammed or Mrs Begum. We were told to ask for a family name as well.
That also applies to the Patels from India as it is just as common.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Part of the problem is that large sections of the community have the same name.
When I worked for Yorkshire Electricity we were told that Mohammed in itself is not a given name. It simply means Man and similarly with Begum which means married woman.
So an electricity bill address could not be registered as Mr Mohammed or Mrs Begum. We were told to ask for a family name as well.
That also applies to the Patels from India as it is just as common.
So in Yorkshire they wouldn't accept Mrs E Begum as a name !!!!

Rushing to grab my coat as I head off into the rain.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My old dad who died 15 years ago only took his test a few years before he pegged it as he said he had driven in the army during the second world war and had not realised he had needed a licence after the end of the war.

So 46 years of illegal driving. Thats not bad.

We were told to ask for a family name as well.

Meaning what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_name

In the case of someone called (in full) Abu Karim Muhammad al-Jamil ibn Nidal ibn Abdulaziz al-Filistini, you'd probably be happy to refer to him as Muhammad Nidal, but his father would be Nidal Abdulaziz.

What's the "family name"?

The same principle applies to Icelandic names.

Björk (the singer) is Björk Guðmundsdóttir. If she had a husband called Magnus Jónsson, a daughter called Katrín and a son called Heiðar, her children would be called Katrín Björksdóttir and Heiðar Magnusson.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You know what, I have had just about enough of this shit, people taking the mick out of us left right and centre, and reading the wishy washy racist branding divs who instantly jump on the bandwagon whenever anyone posts that this sort of thing is going on. It is just plain wrong, illegal and a downright disgrace if people are obtaining official documents like driving licences and other official ID by deception, and frankly I do not give a f*** who they are, what colour they are, what their bloody name is or what reasons they give for doing it.

Anyone who is suspected of sitting a driving test for someone else should be forced to produce multiple ID, no-one shold be allowed in the car other than the examinee, and any threat or coercion should disqualify the examinee instantly.

Simple.

I also heard on BBC radio today that some asian and Turkish people may be allowed to continue to smoke Hookah pipes in public cafés after the rest of us are compelledby law to stop because apparently it is a cultural activity and may therefore be viewed differently...NO NO NO.

FFS. enough.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You know what, I have had just about enough of this shit, people taking the mick out of us left right and centre, and reading the wishy washy racist branding divs who instantly jump on the bandwagon whenever anyone posts that this sort of thing is going on. It is just plain wrong, illegal and a downright disgrace if people are obtaining official documents like driving licences and other official ID by deception, and frankly I do not give a f*** who they are, what colour they are, what their bloody name is or what reasons they give for doing it.

Anyone who is suspected of sitting a driving test for someone else should be forced to produce multiple ID, no-one shold be allowed in the car other than the examinee, and any threat or coercion should disqualify the examinee instantly.

Simple.

I also heard on BBC radio today that some asian and Turkish people may be allowed to continue to smoke Hookah pipes in public cafés after the rest of us are compelledby law to stop because apparently it is a cultural activity and may therefore be viewed differently...NO NO NO.

FFS. enough.

Did you know that part of the agreement signed when people come to this country includes a statment of understanding that if an offence is committed which is accompanied by a term of imprisonment, that they should be deported following, or during, sentence? Do you know how often this has been invoked? The government tries to invoke it, then Cherie Bliar's mates jump on the gravy train and mention "human rights" - and the bastards get to stay here. That's not racism, that's an observation based on the mockery that our legal system has become.

If you spot ANYONE smoking in a public place, then it is your legal duty to inform the police as the law is being broken. For good measure, you should also inform the Environmental Divison of the council as Health and Safety laws are being infringed. Failing that, call yourself Kemal, and wander around with a bong in your back pocket. It's a joke, and it detracts from the immigrants who come here and work four times as hard as some of the scum that believe owning two baseball caps is a lifetime achievement.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
amazing how a thread about a driving scam becomes one about race ???

Sad thing is that it started about race. Have a quick look at the original article and check out the names of the people being prosecuted. Then have a look in your local "court round up" and see who is being prosecuted for not having MOT, insurance, road tax, etc.

It's about race.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did you know that part of the agreement signed when people come to this country includes a statment of understanding that if an offence is committed which is accompanied by a term of imprisonment, that they should be deported following, or during, sentence? Do you know how often this has been invoked? The government tries to invoke it, then Cherie Bliar's mates jump on the gravy train and mention "human rights" - and the bastards get to stay here. That's not racism, that's an observation based on the mockery that our legal system has become.

If you spot ANYONE smoking in a public place, then it is your legal duty to inform the police as the law is being broken. For good measure, you should also inform the Environmental Divison of the council as Health and Safety laws are being infringed. Failing that, call yourself Kemal, and wander around with a bong in your back pocket. It's a joke, and it detracts from the immigrants who come here and work four times as hard as some of the scum that believe owning two baseball caps is a lifetime achievement.

Quite right, I do not object in any way to people coming to the UK to contribute, and in return better themselves and their family, but I do have a problem with people taking the piss and basically laughing their heads off at us.

I look forward to some flowery discourse from LB or some other liberal apologists, but wrong is wrong and theres an end to it.

Usually someone will appear to say "Well we have our own low-lifes here as well, so you can't treat new arrivals differently" what a load of cock!, our indigenous rubbish we can deal with as we always have, those who come here as guests and seek the protection and privelege of Britain have a duty to us as well as themselves.

I am just thoroughly hacked off with repeatedly seeing the same petty abuse and chicanery going on, seemingly unpunished and just want it stopped.

Rant over.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
there is a really simple solution. when you give do you test you have to submit there and then the photo that will be used on the licence. when the application is processed, no photo, no licence . you can sumbit it in a envelop if you dont want the examiner to see it, it doesnt matter. because when you get stopped or have to produce the licence, the person on the licence and the person with it should match. job done. its not right for DVLA examiners to become idenity inspectors.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Why have two names appeared in this statement? Oh no here we go again.
Listen I don't care what colour race someone is, however if they do not show

1) An ID card
2) Answer some questions about themselfs
3) Show the examiner who they really are by removing anything blocking the face

Then they cannot take the test. Its a simple as that.

There are enough nutters on the road without adding to it.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Way its done here is:

1: You take a theory test. They take a photo of you then. If you don't uncover your face, you don't get to drive. This gets put on your theory test cert.
2: Single form provisional driving licence - photographic. Needs a photo of you, face uncovered, or you don't get to drive.
3: Tester compares photo on theory test cert, photo on driving licence, and you - face uncovered or you don't get to take the test.

Now, the important bits are photographing at every stage, and face uncovered - but last time I checked you weren't allowed drive in a burka or equivalent here anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here