Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler's pre-Ipswich presser

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Milner has had a scan, could be out 1-3 weeks - "It is not a big issue. With him we have to go day by day, see how he gets integrated in the team, how fast he can play without any problems and there we have to see step by step. We have to be patient."

O'Riley going through rehab - "He has a great attitude. Immediately after surgery he is very positive. He is around us in the training ground. He is doing his rehab already. I think he will be coming back quite fast."

Ferdi could make his debut.

March making progress - "I wouldn't say close. If you are injured for that long time it is a long way back. He is now training fully with us but he cannot do every training session. We have to be very patient. The positive thing is he is back on the training pitch and he can go at this intensity. He is in very good shape. We are all impressed how good he is already."

On Albion not winning some games last season where we were "expected" to - "We try to bring a new environment, another culture. Every coach thinks differently. Of course I know this topic but I won't make it big in the locker room or in meetings because it is a new season. It is a new style of play, a new situation."

Highlighted how internationals can help player confidence, mentions both Lamptey and Baleba.

Wieffer will train today and a decision made - "We don't need to take a risk. We won't take any high risk."

Moder may be part of the squad on Saturday after getting some minutes with Poland.

On Ipswich - "They want to play out from the back. They don't use a lot of long balls so that is a clear structure, no matter if they play against Liverpool or City or Fulham. They have a clear identity and it is very impressive. We expect a very strong opponent."

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Any mention of Gruda? I've heard suggestions that he's not considered "PL ready" yet even when fit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Milner has had a scan, could be out 1-3 weeks - "It is not a big issue. With him we have to go day by day, see how he gets integrated in the team, how fast he can play without any problems and there we have to see step by step. We have to be patient."

O'Riley going through rehab - "He has a great attitude. Immediately after surgery he is very positive. He is around us in the training ground. He is doing his rehab already. I think he will be coming back quite fast."

March making progress - "I wouldn't say close. If you are injured for that long time it is a long way back. He is now training fully with us but he cannot do every training session. We have to be very patient. The positive thing is he is back on the training pitch and he can go at this intensity. He is in very good shape. We are all impressed how good he is already."

On Albion not winning some games last season where we were "expected" to - "We try to bring a new environment, another culture. Every coach thinks differently. Of course I know this topic but I won't make it big in the locker room or in meetings because it is a new season. It is a new style of play, a new situation."

Highlighted how internationals can help player confidence, mentions both Lamptey and Baleba.

Wieffer will train today and a decision made - "We don't need to take a risk. We won't take any high risk."

Moder may be part of the squad on Saturday after getting some minutes with Poland.

On Ipswich - "They want to play out from the back. They don't use a lot of long balls so that is a clear structure, no matter if they play against Liverpool or City or Fulham. They have a clear identity and it is very impressive. We expect a very strong opponent."
The Solly and O'Riley comments make me very happy.

Can't wait to see Solly back, think I will be quite emotional!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

This is great @Bozza! Thanks!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I reckon we might be looking at something like ....

---------Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Ferdi
--------Baleba Ayari
-----Minteh Pedro Mitoma
-----------Welbeck

But I can see Pedro, Ferdi and Baleba having their minutes carefully managed. I think some earlier subs than usual

Bench
Steele / Webster / Estupinan / Hinshelwood / Moder / Rutter / Enciso / Adingra / Ferguson

Not in squad
Igor / Lamptey

To come back from injury and compete in coming weeks
Wieffer / Gruda / Milner

Further off
O'Reilly / March

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I really hope Ferdi starts LB. Hinsh has done ok but we lack a bit there and Estupinan looks very rusty still

If Ferdi is as good as hyped then get him in and he can mae himself undroppable. Could he figure CM at some point during the game I wonder.

Hopefully get away with CM issues the next few games. When you see Moder may be involved then you realise how thin we currently are.

Pleasing to hear Ipswich don't hoof as the long ball over the top is still a problem that isn't totally sorted yet.

Lets show these what the premier league is about. Any win will do though

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Verbruggen
Kadioglu Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Joao Pedro Mitoma
Welbeck

Another round of not picking Steele and injury has taken care of Milner! I think that Evan Ferguson will become first choice striker, but for now I think this is the strongest team available. Wieffer and O'Reilly would probably be the midfield pair if everyone was fit and maybe Gruda instead of Minteh but otherwise, this is wonderful.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Suggestion is he's perhaps seen as one for the future (like Osman, say) rather than going straight in to the squad (like Minteh).
If that’s the case wouldn’t he of been loaned out?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Verbruggen
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Joao Pedro Mitoma
Welbeck

Another round of not picking Steele and injury has taken care of Milner! I think that Evan Ferguson will become first choice striker, but for now I think this is the strongest team available. Wieffer and O'Reilly would probably be the midfield pair if everyone was fit and maybe Gruda instead of Minteh but otherwise, this is wonderful.
Widely agree with this,, I would have Ayari for Hinshelwood.

I'm not sure we've seen enough of Hinsh in his preferred position yet.
It's possible we never will, with the current depth of talent we now have.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Verbruggen
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Joao Pedro Mitoma
Welbeck

Jason Steele was busy coaching young kids down at Wish Park on Tuesday evening, watched by Lewis Dunk and his two dogs. My son was reffing another game on another pitch and spotted them. Dedication (whoa-oh!)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Suggestion is he's perhaps seen as one for the future (like Osman, say) rather than going straight in to the squad (like Minteh).
Personally I think it will just be a slower integration. He was looking likely to be in the German euro squad before injury. If the plan was he wasn’t going to get minutes he would have gone out on loan to develop. Even with this short term injury he would have been snapped up by a decent club for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here