Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hürzeler’s (Brighton) Tactics

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I think every game we’ve played we’ve conceded on the break or seriously ridden our luck from break attempts (Arsenal and Utd missed howlers). Forest really should have won that at the end from another and even Wolves launched wave after wave last our high press Wednesday.

It’s going to cost us a lot more points unless FB works out how to tighten it up.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s obvious to me we are missing Billy G we haven’t played well since Manure he did a lot of work breaking up attacks. One of the most stupid sales of the summer.

I thought we were outstanding today, except for defence against the one or two pass breaks. Crying out for pace at the back or at DM. Gilmour had none.

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
It’s obvious to me we are missing Billy G we haven’t played well since Manure he did a lot of work breaking up attacks. One of the most stupid sales of the summer.
Wieffer will eventually be providing that quality.

In fairness, I like Gilmour.

But that was a rare high duel success game for him. United should have walked all over Milner and him. Shows how bad United are. Gilmour win less than half (46%) of his duels last season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Next signing needs to be a pacy CB.
I like the look of Weiffer. He's got the skill set to play DCM, but he's slow too. We need some real pace in that central defensive three (2xCBs + DCM).

You could potentially drop Baleba back there, and then if he pushes on, have Wieffer slot in on those occasions.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Oh I don’t think so , he was no quicker than our CB , and not very strong in the tackle ,
this Is why was surprised when he took Beleba off , only midfield player with pace

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I thought we were outstanding today, except for defence against the one or two pass breaks. Crying out for pace at the back or at DM. Gilmour had none.
Interesting, I thought we were terrible, pedestrian and clueless. I sometimes think a team matches the managers energy and FH just sits there doing FA.
Forest didn’t care we had possession they literally waited for a mistake and pounced it worked.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Creatively, patience, we’re immense.

Vulnerability to the counter, I’m talking players clean through, bloody awful. Lose the ball anywhere in the opposition half and teams are creating one on ones seconds later.

I love Velts, but Velts/JPVH/Dunk together are being run past for fun.

A penny for Hurzeler’s thoughts on that.
Absolutely this. If we don't have the personnel with pace it really is down to a tactical rethink. That combination works in other ways but our ' kryptonite' has been spotted early by us fans and critically the opposition.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wieffer will eventually be providing that quality.

In fairness, I like Gilmour.

But that was a rare high duel success game for him. United should have walked all over Milner and him. Shows how bad United are. Gilmour win less than half (46%) of his duels last season.
So basically he couldn’t win then could he? Plays superbly and it’s because Manure are crap.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So basically he couldn’t win then could he? Plays superbly and it’s because Manure are crap.

When he played well for Scotland or us wasn’t it as allrounder, with a neat passing game?

In defence to the counter, he was another one opponents breezed past.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Interesting, I thought we were terrible, pedestrian and clueless. I sometimes think a team matches the managers energy and FH just sits there doing FA.
Forest didn’t care we had possession they literally waited for a mistake and pounced it worked.
I sometimes think I'm too harsh in thinking you're absolutely clueless.

Luckily you always come along with an awful opinion to prove me right.

PlayMoran

May 19, 2023
If the Ipswich game had resulted in a win, most people would be ecstatic with 11 points from 15. City are on 13 points.

Ipswich is the only disappointing result out of all 7 games this season.

He's an inexperienced manager and it's a young squad outside of 5/6 players. Steele, Dunk, Veltman, Milner, March and Welbeck are the only players aged 30 or older.

Only 3 of them (Dunk, Veltman, Welbeck) are potential regular starters

Most of the squad are 19-26 years old.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lack of defensive pace noted elsewhere.

IMG_4669.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh I don’t think so , he was no quicker than our CB , and not very strong in the tackle ,
this Is why was surprised when he took Beleba off , only midfield player with pace
The Baleba substitution was pretty much forced by him being on a yellow for so long. He probably wouldn’t have been able to make any saving tackles anyway because of the risk of dismissal. With a ready made replacement like Wieffer on the bench, it made sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here