Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town & Lee Clark

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry if someone has already done this somewhere, but I was hugely impressed with Huddersfield and Lee Clark. Overall, what a class act the players, fans and manager were today and put Southampton to shame by embracing the spirit of the event and giving us the Guard of Honour and warm applause.

Lee Clark - Thanks for being a top sport and I genuinely wish the club and their fans the best for the rest of the season

As for the game, what an advert for this league. Sure, we didn't win but I actually enjoyed the spectacle, the atmosphere and most importantly, Gary Hart.

Right now, despite todays result, I could not be more proud to be a Brighton fan. Roll on next year!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think they are actually a better side than we are - If they do manage to get through the playoffs as it's looking increasing likely that will have to be the case - then i think we'll struggle to kep pace with them next season. Gus needs to work his magic to get at least 5 new players in with the quality required - Can't wait for next seqason.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think they are actually a better side than we are - If they do manage to get through the playoffs as it's looking increasing likely that will have to be the case - then i think we'll struggle to kep pace with them next season. Gus needs to work his magic to get at least 5 new players in with the quality required - Can't wait for next seqason.

It didn't look like that today.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Can you explain how they are a better side then us? We're the Champions of League One. We've been the most consistent team in this division. We've were unbeaten at home for a year, but lost that against Scumhampton when we were already crowned Champions. Today we had all the procession, we created all the chances and ok we should of defended better espically for the first and their winning goal. But the job is done, we're going to the Championship next season into the Amex. So please explain to me, why you think they're a better side then us?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Huddersfield looked very average today.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Huddersfield looked very average today.

I disagree. I thought Afobe was a class act and although defensive mistakes led to their goals they still took their chances well & deserve to be where they are. I agree with the OP btw, although hope they get pipped by someone else because I could see them being a threat next season

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower

Really, i don't agree with them at all. We made a couple of mistakes to give them goals. Greer was at fault for the first getting turned too easily because he hasn't played in a while and the second looked to be a mistake from Calderon but couldn't see clearly. We dominated most of the game and apart from their goals i can only remember them having 1 clear cut chance that fell to Roberts. We created a lot and with Murray there we would have put a few more away

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Thought their manager was class today, he took time to applaud the south stand on his way passed & shook hands with our players, Adkins could learn a lot from Huddersfield, good luck to them.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Apart from the fact that they were very clinical with their chances, I thought Hudders were pretty average. We dominated the majority of the game and should have got at least a draw.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Apart from the fact that they were very clinical with their chances, I thought Hudders were pretty average. We dominated the majority of the game and should have got at least a draw.

correct mate. a month ago they would of gone home with their asses kicked,fair play to clarke for doing things the right way, even though he thinks they deserved all 3 points!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

And we looked strictly mid-table. Same as we have done for three matches now.

Time to draw a veil swiftly over this season methinks.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Yeah!.. We're a really 'average' team. HELLO! We're 24 unbeaten FFS? AND we've just beaten the League One Champions on their own patch!

Okay today was your celebration day! Well done B&HA! League One Champions and moving to a brand new 'state of the art' home with over 18,000 season cards sold. Brilliant!

So why the coolness about us? You dominated - you where at home. Okay?... 'the double' over the run away League One Champions has to count for something surly?

No? Suit yourselves!:flameboun

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I know it's based on just two performances, but i thought Saints look streets ahead of the Huddersfield performance today. They looked alright, but then that's not difficult when you look at 90% of the dross that turned up to Withdean most weeks this season.
Never be able to truly tell, as you could see the team didn't really care, which isn't suprising.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Really, i don't agree with them at all. We made a couple of mistakes to give them goals. Greer was at fault for the first getting turned too easily because he hasn't played in a while and the second looked to be a mistake from Calderon but couldn't see clearly. We dominated most of the game and apart from their goals i can only remember them having 1 clear cut chance that fell to Roberts. We created a lot and with Murray there we would have put a few more away

2nd goal was a shocker from calde :facepalm:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Yeah!.. We're a really 'average' team. HELLO! We're 24 unbeaten FFS? AND we've just beaten the League One Champions on their own patch!

Okay today was your celebration day! Well done B&HA! League One Champions and moving to a brand new 'state of the art' home with over 18,000 season cards sold. Brilliant!

So why the coolness about us? You dominated - you where at home. Okay?... 'the double' over the run away League One Champions has to count for something surly?

No? Suit yourselves!:flameboun
as you say you did the double and the only team to do so. i wish you and hufc all the best and hope a miracle happens and you do it without the playoffs. no one likes losing and when you see your team lose again in the 89 minute it is a bit gutting, but fair play you took your chances we did not and in fairness to you we were much better today than against scc

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Lee Clarke and the Terriers fans were top drawer today. A big thank you to them for taking part in the occasion. Footballing wise, they are a solid team, but not the best, hence the league doesn't lie. Over the season, we were the most skillfull, Saints the most skillfull/physical. Huddersfield will need to invest in more Championship quality players than any other team who goes up this season. But I would say they deserve it more than any other team currently in the play offs. Good luck to you :thumbsup:

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I was disappointed with Huddersfield today, I was expecting a much tougher game, I still don't know how we lost. We had so much possession and looked very dangerous around their box but couldn't quite find the end product. Calde cost us a goal and if the ref had given us the foul we were due for OGH being dragged down then they probably wouldn't have scored the third goal. If we'd had Murray we'd have romped it.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The fans and Clark were superior to our South Coast counterparts, however the Saints looked a class above them on the pitch.

I thought Southampton employed the right tactics to beat us. They pressed high up the pitch and played at a high tempo. Huddersfield beat us fair and square, however apart from their two goal striker and their right back who was superb today they didn't look great. I thought we bossed the game and apart from defensive lapses we would of won comfortably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here