Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Howard Webb had a GOOD game...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With all the 'total football' archive footage shown before the game, and then the brutal match which followed, there must be a lot of people in Holland scratching their heads.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I feel really sorry for Webb. Thought he had a good game, all things considering. Dutch wankers.

This.

What's clear is that the Dutch obviously knew that Webb was under pressure not to send anyone off in a game of that stature. So, repulsively, they cynically set about kicking the living shit out of anyone in the first half in order to exploit this. And if some fabulously gifted player's career had been ended in their assaults, that's would have been just tough. They knew exactly what they were doing. Thankfully though, football, rather than the vile scum, won out in the end. Actually though...as far as I could see they didn't spit on anyone, at least this time.

Oh sorry, I meant to say...ja ja det ish de total football ja? Hup hup! Cruyff turn laid back tolerant nation shmoke de shpliff Johnny Rep orangje shirts look so cool coffee shop blah de-f***ing blah etc etc

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh sorry, I meant to say...ja ja det ish de total football ja? Hup hup! Cruyff turn laid back tolerant nation shmoke de shpliff Johnny Rep orangje shirts look so cool coffee shop blah de-f***ing blah etc etc

Clogs, dams, tulips, rembrandt and van gogh

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
With some of the shower of shit referees we had at Withdean last season, Howard Webb can come down a ref a match anytime :bowdown:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No, it *nearly* worked. And it probably shouldn't have come close to working. If one of the Dutch players had been sent off, I reckon they'd have been completely outplayed in the second half.

Switzerland proved Spain weren't invincible without kicking seven bells out of them.

Ok it *nearly* worked. However if Robben had had a bit more composure in front of goal they might have had a smash and grab victory. But that is all shoulda coulda woulda's a bit like had there have been a sending off earlier in the game.

Didn't actually see the Swiss game but from what I gather they could do everything but score?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This.

What's clear is that the Dutch obviously knew that Webb was under pressure not to send anyone off in a game of that stature. So, repulsively, they cynically set about kicking the living shit out of anyone in the first half in order to exploit this. And if some fabulously gifted player's career had been ended in their assaults, that's would have been just tough. They knew exactly what they were doing. Thankfully though, football, rather than the vile scum, won out in the end.

Totally agree. They carried out their assaults knowing fully well that Webb would be reluctant to send anyone off. FIFA should take action, but of course, won't.

Haven't Holland got some form here? Weren't there four red cards in their match with Portugal in the last WC - in that case, the Dutch found a side willing to trade blows but it's not auspicious record for the Dutch to have.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep I thought Webb did a good job given how difficult both sides made it for him, the Dutch by fouling and the Spainish by going to ground like they'd been shot each time.
Ok so missing that it was a corner after a blatant deflection off the wall was bad but other than that he did all he could in very trying circumstances.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
OMG ... I've had it right in the neck at work all morning because the ref was English. Apparently, I should somehow feel ashamed because it's his fault that they did not win the World Cup.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
they didn't win because they are faking, diving,whingeing ,fouling , cheating ,dirty ,*****.

but apart from that .......they weren't good enough.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
OMG ... I've had it right in the neck at work all morning because the ref was English. Apparently, I should somehow feel ashamed because it's his fault that they did not win the World Cup.

Are you in a position to point out that late-arriving, potentially career-wrecking, chest-high, studs-showing attempts at permanent maiming is NAUGHTY?

The referee was the least of their problems.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Are you in a position to point out that late-arriving, potentially career-wrecking, chest-high, studs-showing attempts at permanent maiming is NAUGHTY?

The referee was the least of their problems.

Oh the official Dutch line is that the Karate kick was just a badly timed challenge and was probably the only yellow card they deserved and the sending off was a shockingly poor decision by the ref who was clearly conned by Iniesta's dive!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think you should order take-away tapas to be delivered to your office for your lunch....assuming any Spanish take-aways havnt been smashed up.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
You could see he didn't really want to send anyone off but if that would have been a premier league game and not the world cup final they would have both had around 9 men each. Holland should have won that game. Idiots!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh the official Dutch line is that the Karate kick was just a badly timed challenge and was probably the only yellow card they deserved and the sending off was a shockingly poor decision by the ref who was clearly conned by Iniesta's dive!

they been smokin' da reefa?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here