Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Would You Improve The Ticketing System?

The indefensible? f*** me it's not exactly crime of the century!

It's NOT the crime of the century but you are so insistent that it is the fault of the fans and how you come to that conclusion baffles me.

Book in advance? It would appear that many did but still got caught up in the shambles.

Turn up earlier? Again, many did but it clearly didn't help.

Pass the costs on to the customer? They already charge a £2 booking fee for tickets they print themselves-isn't that enough to fund the ticket collection system on match days?

As I said before-you don't get it do you? The problem last night was NOT caused by the fans.

You're not Ken Brown are you?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Train other staff to come off other duties to distribute tickets and use the club van and the stand where they sell programmes where need be.

Just like they do at mainline railway stations.

That is the answer imo. There were loads of stewards standing around doing little to nothing. They could have walked up and down the que handing out tickets.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That is the answer imo. There were loads of stewards standing around doing little to nothing. They could have walked up and down the que handing out tickets.

What was to stop them picking up a few envelopes and asking for 'Mr Knight' or 'Mr Brown' and giving them their tickets ?
Trouble no one has the intelligence to think about something like that

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What was to stop them picking up a few envelopes and asking for 'Mr Knight' or 'Mr Brown' and giving them their tickets ?
Trouble no one has the intelligence to think about something like that

All very well and good but if you have a queue of 200-500 there are going to be a few people with names that are common.

Mr Smith? 10 or so adult males put thier hand up and leave the queue with thier kids. More chaos. No that would not work.

A lot of the stewards do not have English as thier first language either!!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
All very well and good but if you have a queue of 200-500 there are going to be a few people with names that are common.

Mr Smith? 10 or so adult males put thier hand up and leave the queue with thier kids. More chaos. No that would not work.

A lot of the stewards do not have English as thier first language either!!

Name and Postcode???

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The clubs ticketing policy drives the behaviour of the supporters and if the club wants to be serious about selling individual match tickets a review of the entire process including promotion, demand, channels for sale and delivery as well as basic administration need to be addressed.

The club need to start introducing processes that will scale to Falmer.

A few suggestions I will be making to the club include:

Incentives for booking both early and online.
Use of basic phone technology to report and react to demand and customer service levels.
Accountability for ticketing adminstration and clear processes which supporters can trust.

Jesus. How many times does the point have to be made ?

Not EVERYONE can turn up 45-60 minutes early to collect their tickets, nor should they have to. Work and travel are always a factor for evening games in particular. It might be easy enough for YOU to roll up to the ground nice and early, if you live locally or don't have work commitments. But not everybody has that luxury.

Stop whining
In the days of pay on the gate, any crowd over 15,000 at the Goldstone menat you have to turn up at least forty minutes before kivk off to get in and get a spot on the terraces

and when we were really succesful with crowds over 25,000 I can remember having to be IN the ground TWO hours before kick off to get a sport on the terraces from which I could see the game.

You kids! Don't know you're born:lolol::lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Stop whining
In the days of pay on the gate, any crowd over 15,000 at the Goldstone menat you have to turn up at least forty minutes before kivk off to get in and get a spot on the terraces

and when we were really succesful with crowds over 25,000 I can remember having to be IN the ground TWO hours before kick off to get a sport on the terraces from which I could see the game.

You kids! Don't know you're born:lolol::lolol:

I concur! We never had the Internet then!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here