Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you do in the 11-plus test?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
10 /15. ran out of time as was being interrupted by people wanting me to do work!!!

didnt understand the numerical code one at all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
never did the 11+ as I was out in SA for my early years...came back and was plonked straight into a comprehensive

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
12 for me. Couldn't be arsed to work out the number/codes ones, so just guessed. And got the one wrong where the number was doubled and then the result deducted from the other number. I just don't spot patterns in numbers like that. If they'd given us 15 extremely hard word questions I'd have got all of them - people's brains are just wired differently, I think.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
13/15 - failed on the last one (guessed) and one of the letter rearranging ones (Steel, which I also just guessed due to haste).

Still had about 6 minutes remaining though. Obviously my attention span isn't what it used to be :D

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
13 for me got the two numerical codes wrong but I dont remember the 11+ being anything like that when I passed it.

It wasn't any thing like this was it. So what year did it become more of an IQ test than a test of knowledge. I failed the real 11 plus back in 1956, I got 11/15 in this so would have passed and gone to Hove County Grammar School.
Didn't get any of the numerical codes, maybe my brain isn't wired that way. :facepalm:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
15/15 with no pen & paper. I found a shortcut on the 'number codes for words' question, which you're probably not supposed to do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure when I took the 11+ it was more a written examination broken down into Maths or Arithmetic as it was known, English, History and Geography with no IQ questions at all.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Don't need to do it again.

Took it once. Passed it once. I know I am intelligent:lol::lol::lol::lol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It wasn't any thing like this was it. So what year did it become more of an IQ test than a test of knowledge. I failed the real 11 plus back in 1956, I got 11/15 in this so would have passed and gone to Hove County Grammar School.

Likely you wouldnt get in I'm afraid if our knowledge of the Kent Grammar system is anything to go by!

Hove County Grammar would likely be super selective and massively overscribed by pushy middle class parents from affluent Hove itself as well as all over Sussex/East Hampshire and West Kent getting Johnny/Gemima tutored, meaning you would require 15 out of 15 to get in. With your mere 11/15 pass you would instead be offered far worse performing so far less selective Selsey Grammar (30 miles and 2 hours each way on bus each day) but the Council have fulfilled their requirement!.

That is exactly how it is working in West Kent at present as we head towards the 11+ with our eldest!

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
15/15. Get in, you stupid little twelve year old brats!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here