Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How WOULD we do in the championship

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, whatever the thread said before, when I first saw it, it said how WOULD we do...................
I don't think we'd be relegation fodder - in fact I think we would keep a bit above a relegation scrap. But it's all speculation, really - I reckon if we do go up, Gus'll draft in three or four more to strengthen the team - and it seems that on his showing so far, Gus is pretty good at that.
I'm hopeful............

Oct 25, 2003
-anyone thinking we'd be battling relegation needs to look at how last seasons promoted teams are doing
-we'd have money to spend
-we have a brilliant manager
-gus has attracted good players to us in league 1 and at withdean (even last year), imagine the calibre of player he'd get for the championship and falmer

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ive said it before and I will say it again. Gus is a winner through and through. Anyone who thinks he will settle for mid table is dreaming, this is why contracts are not being dished out at the moment...Four top end signings in the summer and we will be play off contenders, if not pushing for automatic promotion. Any chairman who is so dismissive about approaches for players and says we dont need to sell. You can bet your life he has got money to spend in the summer and plenty of it.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
As long as we finish above relegation it will be a success.....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I didnt realise we had been promoted already. Bet opposing fans love threads like this..... it just makes us look silly

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure really. Watford away should be a guide. Probably lower mid table 15th-19th....

Nov 27, 2009
I'd be shocked if we didn't get in the top six. The championship isn't exactly great and, well, we are. Simple.

Couldn't agree more, I would even go as far to say that it would be game over by Xmas, with bha top of the league by at least 30 points.

Silly thread really as you are going to spend a maximum of 1 season there, before you are given an open invitation to the premiership.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Couldn't agree more, I would even go as far to say that it would be game over by Xmas, with bha top of the league by at least 30 points.

Silly thread really as you are going to spend a maximum of 1 season there, before you are given an open invitation to the premiership.

I can't remember why you latched onto us in the first place.

I'm minded to agree with TCB about our Championship aspirations.

You seem to state with some authority that we will not stay in the Championship for more than one season. We have done that before with a much inferior side and manager. Our income is going to expand hugely next season. If we do get promoted this season, I really do not feel that we would be at risk of relegation in the very slightest.

Good result against Bradford - certainly a vast improvement on your previous meeting. Wilder seems to be turning things around again. Due a visit to the Kassam soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here