Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you vent your spleen at our relegation?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'll tear open my season ticket renewal letter, nod appreciatively at their realistic approach to the level we're playing at, excess supply of tickets vs demand, the effects of the credit crunch, leading to a renewal price of £350. I'll then sign on the dotted line, give credit card details, and await the new campaign.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What's likely to happen though is that we'll decide we don't want Slade and will let him go two weeks after the final game. Then Dick Knight and the White/Booker circus will spend another couple of weeks deciding on the out-of-contract players. QUOTE]

Won't Knight be taking a couple of months off straight after the last game of the season..and turning his mobile off, I mean it's been one hell of a season for him he must be knackered ??

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm going to stop going to every away game, and will just do a select few. The new grounds, and the big games such as "The Battle of The Albion's" at Burton

Agreed!
Will still do a few, but nowhere near as many. Cannot really be bothered to travel all around the country again like this year and waste a day on a train to watch a team who dont give a shit. If they start playing as if they want to be playing for us, then ill be there as often as i can.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What's likely to happen though is that we'll decide we don't want Slade and will let him go two weeks after the final game. Then Dick Knight and the White/Booker circus will spend another couple of weeks deciding on the out-of-contract players. The result will, of course, be new contracts for everyone apart from one token release. We'll get into June and nsc will be going mental as we still don't have a manager which will lead to a panic choice in mid-June just prior to pre-season training. The new man will be "positive" about what he's seen and may even add a couple of new faces, but it will all start to go wrong when a part-time postman from Morecambe goes flying past an El Abd tackle at Withdean in late August and inflicts the first of six defeats in a row. I can see it now!

The sad thing is that, that scenario should be unthinkable but you just know it's a disaster waiting to happen.

If we do get a new boss I wonder how long it will take for him to work out that Virgo and El Abd are actually crap in midfield.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
If the unthinkable happens and we're relegated, I'll try and be philosophical along the lines of "shit happens". I started supporting the Albion in Div 4 a long time ago, and I will continue to do so next season, hoping for a promotion push. The worrying difference between then and now is that, then, the gates were regularly 10,000 with a good atmosphere, whereas now ............:nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I will probably post more threads on here that the majority agree with, and be called a wanker for it.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
The most positive action to bring about improvements is DO NOT PURCHASE A SEASON TICKET until managements intentions are known, if this does not work nothing will.
Unfortunately there are enough supporters who will still renew whatever,even down to Non League thats what keeps the present Board in power.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If we are down by the time we play Stockport then every Brighton fan at Withdean should sing "There's only one Dean Wilkins".

I would rather enjoy a pitch invasion or a game were nobody even bats an eyelid when we have a shot or a goal (although that sounds rather familiar). one thing i dont want to happen but its plain to see it will is when the players walk around the pitch everyone doesnt suck up to them and clap, i will be walking away but the people left should display their dissatisfaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here