Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you cope a Falmer 'No'?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Not if it's already been discussed at the Falmer inquiry, though.

Anyway, we're going to get Falmer so there's no point worrying.
I agree that we will get Falmer.

But it was clear - from what all parties at the Inquiry said - that a planning application for any of the other sites would almost certainly result in yet another Public Inquiry.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Not if it's already been discussed at the Falmer inquiry, though.

Anyway, we're going to get Falmer so there's no point worrying.

Suitability will have been discussed but a new plan would still have to be submitted which people could still object to.
But like you say. It's in the bag anyway.

Rangdo said:
Suitability will have been discussed but a new plan would still have to be submitted which people could still object to.
But like you say. It's in the bag anyway.
It's not just the planning issues that would need to be resolved.

If Prescott gives the nod to Toads Hole Valley, for example, the Club would still have to negotiate with the lying scumbag owners who spent the entire Inquiry period either refusing to co-operate or submitting evidence that was demonstrably false.

They are motivated only by a wish to get Prescott to concede the principle that development should be permitted on that site. Once that happens, they will be only too happy to fall out with the Albion and push forward with an alternative (and much more lucrative) scheme.

The only terms on which a stadium site will be made available would be if the THV owners could cream off most of the earnings potential from the site.

The football club would go bust.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Lord Bracknell said:
It's not just the planning issues that would need to be resolved.

If Prescott gives the nod to Toads Hole Valley, for example, the Club would still have to negotiate with the lying scumbag owners who spent the entire Inquiry period either refusing to co-operate or submitting evidence that was demonstrably false.

They are motivated only by a wish to get Prescott to concede the principle that development should be permitted on that site. Once that happens, they will be only too happy to fall out with the Albion and push forward with an alternative (and much more lucrative) scheme.

The only terms on which a stadium site will be made available would be if the THV owners could cream off most of the earnings potential from the site.

The football club would go bust.

I don't doubt that for a second. They are, understandably, purely interested in their own financial gain.
My point was that if Prescott finds another site more suitable then it won't be a simple case of building their instead. We will have to start the planning process from scratch including having local residents objecting and then possibly another public inquiry.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fire Bombing the Swan seems to an appealing idea, and that's whether we get Withdean or not !

After all misery guts won't serve fans on match days, makes you wonder whether he'll open at all on those days.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
bhaexpress said:
Fire Bombing the Swan seems to an appealing idea, and that's whether we get Withdean or not !

After all misery guts won't serve fans on match days, makes you wonder whether he'll open at all on those days.

He's only saying that now to keep the locals sweet. One the ground is there he's not going to turn down the opportunity to increase his turnover by 10000%

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Rangdo said:
He's only saying that now to keep the locals sweet. One the ground is there he's not going to turn down the opportunity to increase his turnover by 10000%

I seem to remember that the bloke who ran the Sportsman said something similar when we moved to Withdean.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Grendel said:
I was under the impression that we have Withdean.

Okay, typo ! You know what I meant !

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think Falmer village would have to be razed to the ground. I would invite the supreme French Navy to anchor outside the marina and instruct them to lock their missiles/torpedoes onto the pond.:lolol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm not an expert on Whiltehall politics, but does anyone else wonder about what is currently going on at the ODMP? Personally I reckon it hasn't been given a second thought and it will probably pop-up as a reminder on the 31st Oct, and they will make a hasty decision. I really can't believe that there is a systematic process in place there by which a decision will be made.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
bhaexpress said:
Okay, we all seem to assume that Falmer will happen and I hope to God that it does. However, what would you do if Two Jags gives it the thumbs down ?

I have no idea what I'd do, getting drunk is no longer an option so any 'sensible' suggestions ?

I would cover myself in gravy browning, then demand a free tour of 10 Downing Street, at which point I would attempt to hold Prescott to ransom, and if I felt REALLY strong I would dangle the fat knacker out of a first floor window until he changed his mind (or until my wrists dislocated, whichever comes first).

Do a Greenpeace and take up residence in his castle turrets. Do all good working class politicians have turrets on their houses? Done well for a P&O Ferry Snack Server, hasn't he?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
ATFC Seagull said:
I'm not an expert on Whiltehall politics, but does anyone else wonder about what is currently going on at the ODMP? Personally I reckon it hasn't been given a second thought and it will probably pop-up as a reminder on the 31st Oct, and they will make a hasty decision. I really can't believe that there is a systematic process in place there by which a decision will be made.
Somehow I doubt it. The Labour Party Conference is in Brighton at the end of September once again painting another huge f***ing bullseye on the city for any potential splinter group of a splinter group. If there is no decision by then, we will make sure that Prescott gets our message.

Again.

Unfortunately, we're now kind of used to this campaigning shit, you know. :glare:

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: How will you cope a Falmer 'No'?

HampshireSeagulls said:
I would cover myself in gravy browning, then demand a free tour of 10 Downing Street, at which point I would attempt to hold Prescott to ransom, and if I felt REALLY strong I would dangle the fat knacker out of a first floor window until he changed his mind (or until my wrists dislocated, whichever comes first).

Do a Greenpeace and take up residence in his castle turrets. Do all good working class politicians have turrets on their houses? Done well for a P&O Ferry Snack Server, hasn't he?

Promising yes

:lolol: :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I spoke with another Albion fan on Saturday who believes that the announcement regards Falmer has been agreed to tie in with the party conference later in the year. JP will stand up on the first day say "yes" in the safe knowledge that it will result in a Labour love in from the city of Brighton, overshadowing the unpopularity of the party in other parts of the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here