• Final

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Smalling is a far better player than he gets credit for. That said, our defence is pony and I don't think much of the rest of the squad tbh.

I think we will scrape out of the group and then get battered in the first knockout round.

I concur - we'll look good going forward but our defending, particularly against the more skilfull teams, will be best viewed squinting between the fingers from behind the sofa.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't care and as a Scotsman it is my duty to say yous are gonnae get humped :lolol:

Now that I've done my duty, I think you'll do OK, I don't think you'll win it but semi finals shouldn't be beyond you. Kane, Vardy, Rose and Deli Ali are very good young players (I haven't seen the squad bit I assume they have all been picked), but this tournament may be a bit too soon for them.

I just had a scan of the groups and it looks as though they have missed plucky Scotland off the teams taking part! That seems a bit mean ( Touché) :)

Stumpy Tim

We have real talent going forward, but they appear to have stolen the talent from our defenders. Cahill has proved many times he's not good enough & Smalling finds heading the ball difficult. Stones has the talent but is woefully out of form.

Even at full back, while Clyne is decent he's no Gary Neville. Rose is great going forward, but his defensive positional play is really poor.

To add to our defensive woe we're now relying on Dier as a shielding midfielder - a limited former centre half.

So our only option is to attack. At least we'll be fun to watch

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We'll play well in the groups, ease past the last 16, scrap through the QFs and reach the SF. Which, if you look at the FIFA rankings, would be a good job ...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I don't care and as a Scotsman it is my duty to say yous are gonnae get humped :lolol:

Now that I've done my duty, I think you'll do OK, I don't think you'll win it but semi finals shouldn't be beyond you. Kane, Vardy, Rose and Deli Ali are very good young players (I haven't seen the squad bit I assume they have all been picked), but this tournament may be a bit too soon for them.

I know players have longer careers these days but can Vardy still be classed as a young player? He's 29.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here