Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how was your travel tonight?

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
GetTing there was a nightmare. Waited an hour for bus R then gave up and got a lift from a friend not going to the game. Lots of others waiting for the same bus. I assume it came eventually?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mill Road to Amex = hell , got there 10 minutes late
Amex to Mill Road = not too terrible

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Used bus route S, fine both ways, but did get caught in traffic on the way but that is understandable as it was towards the end of rush hour.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Did the race course park and ride, left at the final whistle, although it took ages to get out of the north stand, got straight on the bus and was there within a few minutes, all round it was very good.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
got the last possible train from London Road to make it on time, enough room. Trains on the way back were full. had a pie and a pint and still had to wait 30 mins in a queue. all good natured though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A27 was very busy indeed. Queued a long way back at about 7.

Getting out of Bennets Field car park was as frustratingly slow as ever. More so as I had my 9 year old daughter with us tonight. She still had a great time though.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Left on the full time whistle, got the 22:15 Brighton train, back in LA by 11ish. Long queues behind me at Falmer station, you need to be quick off the mark when leaving the stadium. They were letting 300 people onto the westbound platform per train if I overheard the stewards correctly. Lots of irate people in the queue as my train pulled away when there was obviously room for more passengers. Seems they have taken the decision to allow a certain number of people per train regardless, at least there were 3 trains within 25mins from 22:10 I suppose. There were an awful lot of people weren't that clued up on the situation, asking why there weren't shuttles / additional trains queued up / longer trains etc etc.

Got there early as had dinner in East Stand Restaurant (Report to follow) so had no issue with trains.

On way back, left as final whistle blew and followed instructions to keep left for Brighton. I kept too fat left and realised I was walking to Moulsecombe. So by time walk back, I prob lost about one trains worth of space.

Queued for an hour to get train to Brighton, then was very lucky to get an immediate connection at Brighton for Shoreham. Just walked in the door now, which is 1h30 after the game finished.

I was actually home from Brentford in less time than this last year. There was also a one helluva queue behind me, so if we had waited to applaud the players, it would have been even later.

I go with my kids. I never planned to bring the youngest on a school night, but I need a different solution for the evenings.

The weekend was fine, even with 4,000 more people as the idea of staggering journey times home and using the bars works a treat. There is not this luxury in the evening, and when we have our 1st 22k evening game (prob Palace) I have no idea what will be done.

I think I will go back to using Mill Road Park and Ride for the evening games. Have also been watching comments with interest about those parking near the Hikers rest and walking. I would love to hear some more feedback on this regarding walking time and how easy it is to park.

One thing that really narked me today was the trains being let go when there was clearly a lot more space. In some cases there were even empty seats! I know it's health and safety, but it's inconsistant. At Brighton it was a free for all bundle for the train going West. And to be fair, most evenings the VIC to BTN train is a lot more chocka than the trains were leaving Falmer, and that's for an hours journey, not a 7 minute one!

I have actually taken some footage on my phone of the half empty trains leaving Falmer to email the club.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Left on the full time whistle, got the 22:15 Brighton train, back in LA by 11ish. Long queues behind me at Falmer station, you need to be quick off the mark when leaving the stadium. They were letting 300 people onto the westbound platform per train if I overheard the stewards correctly. Lots of irate people in the queue as my train pulled away when there was obviously room for more passengers. Seems they have taken the decision to allow a certain number of people per train regardless, at least there were 3 trains within 25mins from 22:10 I suppose. There were an awful lot of people weren't that clued up on the situation, asking why there weren't shuttles / additional trains queued up / longer trains etc etc.

Sounds exactly the same as what happened on Saturday

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
R bus from Rottingdean waited far longer than previously.

Bus back was a lot quicker than on Saturday.

TB

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Mill Rd park and ride

The park and ride tonight was bloody awful both ways. But especially bad on the return journey, absolute chaos in the bus despatch area tonight. Will need sorting out for games like Leeds,Palarse and Milwall.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Train to Seaford has taken me an hour and a half. Left on the full time whistle. Not impressed.

Out of interest, what stand were you in?

I was in the WSU on Saturday and got out very quickly and was one of the first people on the trains, today, I sat in the North Stand and it took ages to get out, and by the time I did, there were huge queues

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here