Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How was Portugal for you?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
What a great trip but think lessons could be learnt. It seemed to us a shame that all the BHA fans were spread all over the place and not really in the same complex which could have been mega.
Best time seemed to be after the abandoned game when quite a few made it back to the square to watch the Wailers.
We stayed in the Jardim and only met about six fans there. Which was strange as this was the advertised stay.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
i'm glad there were no english football fans in the place i was staying. i go on holiday to get away from that (for most of the trip).

:)

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
i'm glad there were no english football fans in the place i was staying. i go on holiday to get away from that (for most of the trip).

Usually, yes, but I think this trip was different. Coming home was like coming back from an away game.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Did you miss the flight then?

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Fantastic week away with the boys, if we were not in the pubs we were on the beach having a good perv up :laugh:. Pleased to be back home to catch up on some much needed sleep. How hot is it out there !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we didn't lose anyone over there did we?

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009

The whole point of a footbll trip is to meet up with other football fans of the same ilk. I take it you have never been away with football before?

Great trip. Loads of hammered seagulls about and a good buzz around the place, despite me having to fly home with the worlds biggest hangover. The Sunderland game was great and i was impressed with how well we played.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Great quote from Dean Cox

Asked by the LO interviewer if he was enjoying the pre-season tournament that LO were involved in said 'I'd rather be in Portugal pre-season than Devon' :lolol:

I bet a few of his ex-mates were winding him up via texts!

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
Quality trip, we made it to the sunderland hull game after portimenese was blown out. they still charged us ten euros in just before half time!! bastards.

The lowlight.... delayed flight on sunday night, got home at 5am monday morning, work at ten.

Loads of brighton fans at the games didnt see many around town, but a f*** loads of sunderland fans (although a lot didnt come over fro the brighton game, only the hull and benfica games)

All in all a good week....well five days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here