Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How was Boxing Day for you ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nice and quiet. A lay in, then a walk and we watched a movie.

Don’t think I’ve shopped on Boxing Day. Until the 90’s shops were closed on boxing day, staff got a deserved two day break. That should’ve continued, rather than the relentless advance of retail therapy.

This.

I always used to marvel at the fools who queued for Boxing Day sales. I wondered why they didn’t go and enjoy the extra day that their forefathers and mothers had fought for, and let those in the shops have another day off.

We just went for a walk, cracked open a bottle of wine and played games by the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Admitted into hospital with Covid complications.
Pretty shit as it goes.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

I was just about to start bleating about not being able to go to the pub, restaurant, football etc.

Puts it into perspective,

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Finding it a little tough to tbh. Hard to entertain two young kids all day, unable to see any family yesterday due to them being hundreds of miles away. Wife back at work today so have got a week off trying to work out what to do with the kids with nothing open.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Finding it a little tough to tbh. Hard to entertain two young kids all day, unable to see any family yesterday due to them being hundreds of miles away. Wife back at work today so have got a week off trying to work out what to do with the kids with nothing open.

That sounds tough.
It’s not easy when you can’t take them outside due to weather.
Yesterday in my house was mostly two adults trying to palm a toddler onto each other.
Good luck this week. Get them outside as much as possible, to tire them out, would be my advice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With a dab of Castrol R behind each ear for added realism.

I met a biker on a charity run a few years ago who got a whiff of R from my scooter. He was trying to develop a candle that gave of the whiff of R. No idea if he succeeded or not . . . .

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I met a biker on a charity run a few years ago who got a whiff of R from my scooter. He was trying to develop a candle that gave of the whiff of R. No idea if he succeeded or not . . . .

I don't know if it is the same person or not, but someone has.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That sounds tough.
It’s not easy when you can’t take them outside due to weather.
Yesterday in my house was mostly two adults trying to palm a toddler onto each other.
Good luck this week. Get them outside as much as possible, to tire them out, would be my advice.

Yeah that should be easier after today when the wind dies down a bit. Bit of a pain we can't go into north Yorkshire/ the Dales due to the tier difference.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Walk in the morning, football fest, cold meats and bubble and squeak. Perfect day.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Aldershot 3 Woeking 0 three goals in 6 minutes after being under the cosh for the 25 minutes before that . Mine has been great and now for the first time in 8 days off i'm having a proper drink.

Barnet 'conveniently' go down with Coronavirus yet again, thus giving all the players Christmas and the rest of the year off.

Looking at their league position and performances there's some real rotten apples at the club.

Good to see the Shots improving. The bottom four are dreadful. A five-point gap opened up now. Best of luck for the rest of the season, ATFC village!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Barnet 'conveniently' go down with Coronavirus yet again, thus giving all the players Christmas and the rest of the year off.

Looking at their league position and performances there's some real rotten apples at the club.

Good to see the Shots improving. The bottom four are dreadful. A five-point gap opened up now. Best of luck for the rest of the season, ATFC village!

I still don't think the season will finish and the dreaded points per game will come into play . Ironically that put 11 th place Barnet in the play offs over 7th place Stockport last season ,Barnet's pitch only needs a bottle of water poured on it and it floods. We've had a very decent striker training with us for months ,who was banned due to problems in his private life . He has signed for a club and can play from January 1st ,it looks like its us . If he can hit the ground running RM who played for Dover,Port Vale and Peterboro would be a great asset.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I still don't think the season will finish and the dreaded points per game will come into play . Ironically that put 11 th place Barnet in the play offs over 7th place Stockport last season ,Barnet's pitch only needs a bottle of water poured on it and it floods. We've had a very decent striker training with us for months ,who was banned due to problems in his private life . He has signed for a club and can play from January 1st ,it looks like its us . If he can hit the ground running RM who played for Dover,Port Vale and Peterboro would be a great asset.

Yep, it will be the irrational PPG system that will come in to force again. Not that I complained last season! It's virtually impossible if you're in that last spot of 7th though as last season we had to beat Yeovil away (achieved) then Notts County away (too good by a long way) and then Harrogate at Wembley. We were 14/1 - says it all about the system although I think it's fairer on the runners-up only playing twice.

The pitch was dug up last summer but it looks like the whole budget was blown on that! Tim Flowers - the former England goalkeeper - has just taken over from the appalling Peter Beadle.

So is it Ricky Modeste? I could well be wrong but he'd be a very good addition. I do miss going to the Recreation ground although it's always a bit feisty with that fence between home and away fans!

The only way is up for both Barnet and Brighton I hope!

And a very happy and healthy new year to you mate. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here