Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How unfair was this result! Fulham 1, Spurs 3

zego

Jul 10, 2003
It's a cruel world eh?

The point in football though, is to welt the leather sphere into the string bit, so that the referee notices and considers it worthy of a digit.
If you do not complete the objective more than the other chaps - you LOSE.

Fulham lost.

If winning is the only point, then it is amazing that there are any spectators at any match, given that on average teams fail to win 2 out of every three games they play.

This weekend, as the Albion were not playing away in the North, and were playing on Sunday not Saturday, I took leave of absence to go to Hillsborough to watch Sheffield Wednesday vs Brentford.

In the end nil-nil, but enjoyable to watch. Wednesday played a very physical game, and did a lot of running about, but it was difficult to see how that was enough to put them third in the table.

Brentford were very organised, knew very well where each of their colleagues were or would be on making a pass - shades of the Gus plan - and were bold enough to keep two strikers lurking on the half-way line even for opposition corners, thereby tying up 3 defenders. Seemed much better than their 9th in table place indicated.

Having not been in a 'home' stand since the pre-First Division Goldstone days, bar a couple of Cup games, and the 1983 Cup semi-final, it was great to revive memories of being a home supporter, not an away one.

If winning is the only point, then it is amazing that there are any spectators at any match, given that on average teams fail to win 2 out of every three games they play.

Of course, entertainment is what we want - not simply a result, otherwise we can flip coins without leaving the living room, and feel that a sport was taking place!
However there's an element of chance, as is being outlines in this thread, that the more entertaining side loses.
We've all been there, and the Hull match was said to be a wonderful 0-0.... no winner.... but everyone felt they got vfm and great entertaiment.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I've yet to watch it , but it happens

That's football I guess.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So after the European match in which 86% of the seats were taken by Polish supporters, I'm guessing there were actually some Fulham fans present for this one.... or were the home stands full of Tottenham?

:thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I was at Upton Park a few years back, we won 1...0 Guy butters goal if my memory serves me well, my long lasting memory of that game was............"How the F**K did we come away with all 3 points" we stole it, if it was possible we should have been arrested for theft of 3 points!! but as others have said........thats football.

Of course in the ideal world we all want to see an incredible game full of skill and tatics, but in the real world we will see, many times over, a game like the Fulham v Spurs game.........That's Football...........

N17

Jun 21, 2011
We were lucky to get the win. No argument.
Last season we absolutely hammered Blackpool.............. & lost.
Thats football.

That said, at my age i really could do without games like that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At the end of the day a team that has 56% of its shots on target and score with 33% of them should beat a side which has 42% of shots on target and scores with 8%

D

Deleted member 18477

lol there are some f***ing bellends on here.

i enjoy a stat like a lot of other footy fans. and those stats are interesting.

perfect example though of GOALS win you games, not shots, not corners, not possession.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
lol there are some f***ing bellends on here.

i enjoy a stat like a lot of other footy fans. and those stats are interesting.

perfect example though of GOALS win you games, not shots, not corners, not possession.

:ohmy:

shivermetimbers.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here