Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to screw over the fans - Part Two

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It was an absolute farce. In hindsight I can't believe I took it with such little argument. I should have REFUSED to pay any more than £8.

Also - it turned out 'concessions' were actually restricted to those under 16. More false advertising if you ask me. How can they justify £10 for a friendly involving Whitehawk? Disgrace.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Spoke to Kevin Keehan (Whitehawk) and he did say that they were paying 'Enough' for the ground last night, seemd like he thought it was a bit steep.

I hope nobody is suggesting that would justify the sharp practise & incompetance that took place at the gate last night? Like? Bung a couple of quid on the gate guys to get back the excess rent old man Hollis has screwed us over for. :jester:

Yes, Kevin Keehan, the one time saviour of Lewes FC both on & off the field. :dunce: I've no idea of Keehans exact role at Whitehawk, but if his brief covers 'everyday general stuff' then the buck stops with him for last nights farce at the gate.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A colleague of mind is a Charlton fan, he paid £11 to watch them at Welling last night.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I was disgusted with having to pay a tenner. Would've turned back if my mate hadn't come in from Brighton on the train.

Not only that but when I got through the turnstile the lottery ticket saleswomen made me feel bad for not buying a ticket! She said something along the lines of "Oh come on, you HAVE to buy a ticket" and scowled at me when I refused! What a f***ing cheek!

Having said that, the girl behind the turnstile who sold me my ticket was a PIECE :love:

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Charging a 19 month old = fuckin disgrace.

as for £12 for a non league friendly, if we were that disgusted as a group of fans there would have been a boycott and told to shove it up their arse, but there wasn't and some Albion fans couldn't get their hands in their pockets quick enough so the stage has now been set for every club to charge as much as Burgess Hill. I'm not going to any of them.

well said above. nobody should go. if supporters voted with their feet admission prices would assume realism quite quickly

Yoda

English & European
Who printed the match programme out of interest? Was it PEP in Worthing like it always has been in the past when we've played Worthing?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Were they Whitehawk staff or Worthing FC staff?
Anyone know what percentage of the receipts Worthing were due?

Speaking to Harty last night (the funeral director, not the player) he said Worthing had charged Whitehawk £700 to rent the ground for the night. How times change - I remember a few years ago when Worthing were skint (aren't they always) that local clubs could hire the ground for £25 pre season.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Whitehawk are having ideas well above their station and it will all end in tears.I spent many years at the club and nobody would ever have dreamed of charging ANYBODY under 10 years old.
They should be ashamed of themselves.
As a great believer in Karma I think they will soon be getting their come uppance.:rant:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
£6 for me and £1 for Jnr. at Bognor last night. No programme, but the bacon and egg baps were lovely. They should have been, for £3.50, and there was beer in glasses for people who like that kind of thing and weren't driving. :glare:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The little child thing is a disgrace.

But surely - the £19 those ***** at Orient charged a few years back for a friendly takes the biscuit - which is why I stopped going to friendlies.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Whitehawk are prostituting themselves so much it makes you cringe.Ned is a plastic gangster,football person,actual person.A poison dwarf.
It will end in serious tears and the end of Whitehawk FC.
I have never been surer of anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here