Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to screw over the fans - Part Two

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not lost my goodwill thankyou. They cocked up, we don't know the facts surrounding this, and I am sure they didn't do it to deliberately annoy. I'll get over it, as I am sure many will. It would be nice to get an apology from them, and possibly an explaination.

If you don't have any change, you should round DOWN to a note rather than UP.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was taking the piss a bit, though the extra £4 it cost me, just means I didn't bother getting any food or drink in the ground. Not because I couldn't afford it, but it was very snide.

Not lost my goodwill thankyou. They cocked up, we don't know the facts surrounding this, and I am sure they didn't do it to deliberately annoy. I'll get over it, as I am sure many will. It would be nice to get an apology from them, and possibly an explaination.

You're being very calm about it. There'd be an UPROAR if it happened at a league match, and rightly so. Whitehawk should not be immune from such criticism, at the end of the day it's still human beings organising things.

Rounding prices up by 25% and charging for babies is a DISGRACE.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

OK, perhaps not lost ALL Brighton fans goodwill. Sure they cocked up - but if a football club can't even organise what should be the simple task of charging people to get in to see a football match....

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Er, would it not make sense to go to the Whitehawk and Burgess Hill sites to protest these issues, after all it had NOTHING to do with the Albion.

Apart from the fact both clubs were playing the Albion plus Whitehawk don't have a forum anyway. I know for fact a letter is already on the way to them re the £5 charge for the toddler.

Albion fans were ripped off last night after the advertised priced was upped two quid due to incompetence by those at Whitehawk FC. Seeing as umpteen hundred Brighton Fans were probably at Woodside Road last night, I would suggest this forum is the correct place to raise the issue's. There's plenty of off topic stuff on this forum that doesn't concern the Albion.

In the bigger picture, to many people two quid isn't much. To those living on a restricted means who like their live football fix, it is & it leaves a a bad taste.

Whitehawk FC last night were guilty of sharp practise towards the paying fans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was taking the piss a bit, though the extra £4 it cost me, just means I didn't bother getting any food or drink in the ground. Not because I couldn't afford it, but it was very snide.

WHITEHAWK FC were the ones taking the piss though, and the food / drink money you witheld would have gone to WORTHING FC, so I doubt your protest had much effect...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
WHITEHAWK FC were the ones taking the piss though, and the food / drink money you witheld would have gone to WORTHING FC, so I doubt your protest had much effect...

I'm aware of that, but I am sure Whitehawk were giving Worthing an amount of the cash for using the ground anyway

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm aware of that, but I am sure Whitehawk were giving Worthing an amount of the cash for using the ground anyway

Possibly. Or maybe Worthing agreed to stage it, knowing they'd benefit in bar / food takings.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Spoke to Kevin Keehan (Whitehawk) and he did say that they were paying 'Enough' for the ground last night, seemd like he thought it was a bit steep.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Worthing could be bitter we were playing whitehawk this season and not them , and up'ed the prices

The prices charged were nothing to do with Worthing. They were fixed (in more ways than one) by Whitehawk, who hired the ground from Worthing for the evening.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Were they Whitehawk staff or Worthing FC staff?
Anyone know what percentage of the receipts Worthing were due?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What was the audience there last night?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The prices charged were nothing to do with Worthing. They were fixed (in more ways than one) by Whitehawk, who hired the ground from Worthing for the evening.

This is what I said previously I think although nothing to do with Worthing this could potentially look bad on them through no fault of their own. At half time there were no more than 10 people in the bar at half time, poor poor show on behalf of Whitehawk to use the excuse that they didn't have change available.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm bloody glad I nodded off & didn't make it to the game tbh. Rip-off merchants.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :angry:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I avoid these friendlys now on the grounds that they are rip-off prices to see what is little more than a glorified training session. When it was 3 or 4 quid for the Worthing friendlies a few years back (and with kids either free or a quid) then fine, but upping it to 8 or even 12 quid with 6 quid for a kid is an outrageous rip-off so they can stick it as far as I'm concerned. Last night's friendly was round the corner from me but when I saw how much I didn't bother.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Charging a one year old child to go into the ground. What an abomination they should be closed down. That really is taking the piss.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Frendlies = pay to watch training basically

So either wait until the season kicks-off and go watch at Sussex Uni for free
Or, as most people do, GET OUT AND ENJOY SOMETHING ELSE!! :love:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I avoid these friendlys now on the grounds that they are rip-off prices to see what is little more than a glorified training session. When it was 3 or 4 quid for the Worthing friendlies a few years back (and with kids either free or a quid) then fine, but upping it to 8 or even 12 quid with 6 quid for a kid is an outrageous rip-off so they can stick it as far as I'm concerned. Last night's friendly was round the corner from me but when I saw how much I didn't bother.
Tend to agree. Paying £8 to see Brighton play, say, Chelsea reserves and youth (masquerading as 'Chelsea') is one thing, but paying it to see Brighton play a training game against Whitehawk? Jeez.

I appreciate that everybody can spend their money however they want and if you like going to pre-seaon friendlies then fair play to you - but "they saw you coming"

And charging for a toddler was disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here