Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to screw over the fans - Part Two

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
After Burgess Hill saw fit to charge Albion Fans £12 on the gate last Saturday, Whitehawk went one better tonight.

I had an email a short time ago from a friend. He thought he'd take his 19 month old daughter along to watch the tonight's game. Upon arrival at the gate he was asked for five pounds for his daughter to get in! For a nineteen month old girl!! When he protested, the response from the person on the gate was: "Its all pay tonight".

Being charged for a 19 month old toddler to enter any game with her Dad is obscene beyond belief, let alone a friendly. Whitehawk FC can consider themselves 'named & shamed'. Sooner rather than later they'll hopefully be back in the County league once the Kingspan crew decide they've had enough of their hobby.

The owners of Whitehawk FC may have money to burn. Most ordinary fans don't!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I heard the gates were opened shortly before half time? Also I thought it was advertised as £8 for adults?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I heard the gates were opened shortly before half time? Also I thought it was advertised as £8 for adults?

It was indeed advertised as £8 for adults. I've had another email since I posted. It would appear Whitehawk used a couple of young girls to man the turnstiles who had no idea what they were doing & had no float for change. The officials found a simple solution. Simply charge '£10/£5' to save dishing out pound coins.

You couldn't make it up.........

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It was indeed advertised as £8 for adults. I've had another email since I posted. It would appear Whitehawk used a couple of young girls to man the turnstiles who had no idea what they were doing & had no float for change. The officials found a simple solution. Simply charge '£10/£5' to save dishing out pound coins.

You couldn't make it up.........

That is a joke, so for arguments sake say Mr X turned up with £8 to get in he would've been refused admission? I hope that it doesn't come back to reflect bad upon Worthing who hosted this game but had no say upon the organisation.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Agree that the £10 for adults, compared to the £8 advertised was a rip off - you're hardly going to go home in protest and miss the match

Leaves a bad taste and maybe the Hawks will dedicate part of their ground improvemnets to the 'Worthing mugged'

After Burgess Hill saw fit to charge Albion Fans £12 on the gate last Saturday, Whitehawk went one better tonight.

I had an email a short time ago from a friend. He thought he'd take his 19 month old daughter along to watch the tonight's game. Upon arrival at the gate he was asked for five pounds for his daughter to get in! For a nineteen month old girl!! When he protested, the response from the person on the gate was: "Its all pay tonight".

Being charged for a 19 month old toddler to enter any game with her Dad is obscene beyond belief, let alone a friendly. Whitehawk FC can consider themselves 'named & shamed'. Sooner rather than later they'll hopefully be back in the County league once the Kingspan crew decide they've had enough of their hobby.

The owners of Whitehawk FC may have money to burn. Most ordinary fans don't!

That is outrageous. Go the The Argus, they love this sort of thing.

Actually, it's probably already on there...

Charging a 19 month old = fuckin disgrace.

as for £12 for a non league friendly, if we were that disgusted as a group of fans there would have been a boycott and told to shove it up their arse, but there wasn't and some Albion fans couldn't get their hands in their pockets quick enough so the stage has now been set for every club to charge as much as Burgess Hill. I'm not going to any of them.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I told the girl it was false advertising, when it quoted as £8. I paid the tenner and within 3 footsteps past the turnstyle there was another girl asking for £1 for a scratch card.

I told her I would have if the girl on the turnstyle didnt take my extra £2 and walked off and bought a 750ml bottle of Magners at the bar for £3. BARGAIN

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Er, would it not make sense to go to the Whitehawk and Burgess Hill sites to protest these issues, after all it had NOTHING to do with the Albion.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I told the girl it was false advertising, when it quoted as £8. I paid the tenner and within 3 footsteps past the turnstyle there was another girl asking for £1 for a scratch card.

I told her I would have if the girl on the turnstyle didnt take my extra £2 and walked off and bought a 750ml bottle of Magners at the bar for £3. BARGAIN

The only shocking thing about that story I'm afraid. Did you get a WKD blue as a chaser?

:amex:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If they really couldn't arrange a bit of change, they could have put the scratchcards at the turnstiles and at least given you a couple of those in lieu of your £2 change.

Easy, innt.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Ah, but the programme was free. He said. Sarcastically.

To those at Whitehawk who will be reading this thread: You only get to rip off the fans once. You have done yourselves no favours at all - you have lost any goodwill from Brighton fans.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I assume they gave you a glass filled with ice & rounded it up to a fiver? :wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That is shocking to change the price from that advertised, and quite possibly illegal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
definitely false advertising - cant say im surprised. it is whitehawk after all

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That is shocking to change the price from that advertised, and quite possibly illegal.

They could have easily got round the problem by giving the scratchcards out instead of change but then presumably wouldn't have enough money to pay the winners out. :smile:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
- you have lost any goodwill from Brighton fans.

Not lost my goodwill thankyou. They cocked up, we don't know the facts surrounding this, and I am sure they didn't do it to deliberately annoy. I'll get over it, as I am sure many will. It would be nice to get an apology from them, and possibly an explaination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here