Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How To Bring London To A Standstill For About Eighty Quid..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I expect it depends on how many more gas cylinders there were in the arch as well as the one that got overheated?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Victoria was shut because all the advise was/is to travel from victoria to stations the other side of the problem... and victoria isnt known to be quiet in the rush hour to start with.

its a shame people living in London dont know f*** all about where they live and work and the many alternatives. its about a 20 minute walk from LBridge to South Bermondsey, or a 10 minute walk down to E&C to get buses to anywhere south as far as M25. So while dumb arses in Streatham and Bromley go to Victoria to get a train, you poor sods travelling down to God's own country with no alternative are shafted.

200m exclusion is standard for when gas canisters are present, i remember a scrap yard in Deptford had a fire with gas cannisters present and they had to evacuate a nearby towerblock.

I actually went through that stretch just after 10am with thick black smoke bellowing out. one fire engine and people watching from the inter estate walkway. i think it might actually be a dodgy tire fitters that was on fire. To be fair, Lucey Way Estate could probably do with a large explosion, would cause untold improvements.

enjoy your commute in tommorw :O

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Blackfriars was fine (as long as you didn't want to go to Sussex). I got home no problem :)

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
QUOTE]Originally posted by sir danny cullip
Anyone know the latest on this? Any trains out of London Bridge yet? [/QUOTE]

Lankyseagull said:

Announcement at Oxted advised that Lodon Bridge will not re-open until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Seagull Stew

beorhthelm said:
its about a 20 minute walk from LBridge to South Bermondsey,

LMFAO

My mate lives on Long Lane and it's almost 20 minutes to get there!

Mind you we're usually drunk but 20 minutes from London Bridge to South Bermondsey on foot? Are you mad? :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
sir danny cullip said:
Just says on the website London Bridge is likely to be closed for the evening and blackfriars to kent is no good at all! :lolol:

Blackfriars to Kent got me home on time ! (Makes a bloody change).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seagull Stew said:
LMFAO

My mate lives on Long Lane and it's almost 20 minutes to get there!

Mind you we're usually drunk but 20 minutes from London Bridge to South Bermondsey on foot? Are you mad? :lolol:

yeah, that is a bit much. i used to do 20 minutes to off Rolls Road where i lived. but 20 minutes to long lane? did you crawl?

Seagull Stew

beorhthelm said:
yeah, that is a bit much. i used to do 20 minutes to off Rolls Road where i lived. but 20 minutes to long lane? did you crawl?

Ummm.......yes :down:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Had an absolute nightmare getting home to Woolwich this evening, scuffles on the tubes, passengers being taken ill. Not nice at all. And London Bridge will be closed til 3.30pm tomorrow afternoon, too.

Day off, perhaps? :)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Apopros of not much, you can throw a piece of metal over a particular wall in Birmingham about eight feet high, and bring most of Britain's rail network to a standstill for a good eight hours.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pain in the butt tonight. Left work early to get home for the footy, but no chance. I was on the Victoria line tube, when we got told at Green Park that Victoria tube station was closed, so got off and walked from Green Park. Got to Victoria about 6.10 and it was manic. Managed to get on the 1817 at about 1830 which was totally rammed.

Should be fun tomorrow morning. Just checked http://www.southernrailway.com and it says LB will still be closed at peak times tomorrow morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here