Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How To Bring London To A Standstill For About Eighty Quid..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just rent an MOT Garage under the arches in that shitty feral bit of London just outside London Bridge ensuring it's no more than 200 metres from the mainline track, then set fire to a Calor gas container and -bingo! - four mainline terminii closed down to all intents and purposes and a fifth closed due to overcrowding. Nobody hurt, other than the dipstick with the blow-torch, and the gas container, just about quarter of a million people's travel plans up-f***ed. Marvellous! World Class City! Bring on the Olympics :rolleyes:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Just rent an MOT Garage under the arches in that shitty feral bit of London just outside London Bridge ensuring it's no more than 200 metres from the mainline track, then set fire to a Calor gas container and -bingo! - four mainline terminii closed down to all intents and purposes and a fifth closed due to overcrowding. Nobody hurt, other than the dipstick with the blow-torch, and the gas container, just about quarter of a million people's travel plans up-f***ed. Marvellous! World Class City! Bring on the Olympics :rolleyes:

To be fair tom...it's not something you want to chance.

I'm just glad I travelled back up yesterday.

What are the four that are closed? I know London Bridge is, but what are the others?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Victoria is closed along with Cannon Street, Waterloo East and Charing Cross also I know that much

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
£80 ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Wookiee said:

ABOUT Eighty Quid. OK, hands up, cheap sensationalist headline, I don't know how much it costs to rent one of these shitty little arches and a set of blue overalls and a blowtorch that you can attack your own gas canister with. Can't be a lot tho eh? :lol:

And is this fire brigade 200 metre exclusion zone a new thing? They seem to do that thing quite a lot at the moment. Don't recall a single one before this year. Used to just be blahblah trackside fire blahblah train delayed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Downloaded Penguin said:

ABOUT Eighty Quid. OK, hands up, cheap sensationalist headline, I don't know how much it costs to rent one of these shitty little arches and a set of blue overalls and a blowtorch that you can attack your own gas canister with. Can't be a lot tho eh? :lol:

And is this fire brigade 200 metre exclusion zone a new thing? They seem to do that thing quite a lot at the moment. Don't recall a single one before this year. Used to just be blahblah trackside fire blahblah train delayed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Del Boy said:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Lets just hope terrorists don't watch this relatively easy way to bring gridlock

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
The Wookiee said:

In all seriousness, f***ed up my journey home :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Marty McFly said:

In all seriousness, f***ed up my journey home :angry:

Is this Ground To A Halt Day? Every time I turn on the TV Travel News it's a London Fire Brigade 200 Metre Exclusion Zone. I'm not buying it on principle.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Just got home myself. Usually travel to & from London Bridge. Heard an announcement on the tube, so decided to get off at Green Park, walk to Victoria and take train to East Grinstead, changing at Oxted for Crowborough.

Expected Victoria to be packed, but was pleasantly surprised that it appeared no more crowded than usual. Lots of people outside, but I think that was more to do with the closure of the tube station due to overcrowding.

Yes a little bit late tonight, but could have been worse.

Announcement at Oxted advised that Lodon Bridge will not re-open until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Good job I'm not in London tomorrow!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tom Hark said:
And is this fire brigade 200 metre exclusion zone a new thing? They seem to do that thing quite a lot at the moment.

I think you are trying to goad me, Tom... :smokin: :wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
I think you are trying to goad me, Tom... :smokin: :wave:

I was fully expecting you'd be on me case on this one Bry. Tho I'm GENUINELY interested to know: is this exclusion-zone thing new? I don't know about all that much about the Fire Brigade to be honest, but I genuinely don't recall them chucking 200 meter exclusion zones around like confetti in the recent past. Tho, obviously if it's a recent update to standing orders, or health and safety or improved practice then it's all good. Seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here