Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How The Hell Are We Still 4th?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a shabby division this is. No matter what the Albion do, they don't seem to be able to pull themselves clear of that top six. How mad is that?

Oh, and while I've got the floor, it might be Xmas but there's really no need to gift Wycombe and Tony Adams their first away win of the season on Boxing day right? No short corners, no mazy dribbles by keepers, no penalties conceded. A simple 1-0 will do. Cheers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But who will we have up front Tom? McPhee and Lee? The Wycombe team must be shaking in their boots at the prospect. My money is on a Boxing Day draw which will be of little use to us in our attempt to get out of Div 2.

:nono:

Nov 3, 2003
u r joking about Lee play upfront? i know Robinson Jam is only young but wot the heck if Man u can do it then we gotta take the cahnce if hes good enough play him just like rooney if he aint we at least he tried id say play Robinson Jam up front with McPhee , lee is a joker and a journey man taking the £ and giving fvck all back who the **** signed his contract?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Reliant said:
Jake robinson?

Gary Hart?

I'd like to see Jake get a run out but I doubt that McPhee will play him at this stage. Gary Hart? A possible and I would prefer him to David Lee but Harty has hardly been on song this season. The only potential comfort is that Wycombe won't have much up front either.

:)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
FG aka Football Genius. said:
u r joking about Lee play upfront? i know Robinson Jam is only young but wot the heck if Man u can do it then we gotta take the cahnce if hes good enough play him just like rooney if he aint we at least he tried id say play Robinson Jam up front with McPhee , lee is a joker and a journey man taking the £ and giving fvck all back who the **** signed his contract?

I agree with what you say about Lee FG. But I seem to recall reading something around 2 weeks ago that suggested that McGhee would start against Wycombe with Lee and McPhee up front. Let's hope he doesn't though. It would be a serious mistake in my view.

:eek:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what about marney? he wasn't too bad last season in division one last season, surely he'd be a better bet than lee

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and we're still 4th because this division is unbelievably shite this year

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I haven't seen Brighton play well this season, but I've only been to six games, and I am really shocked we are still fourth.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Kuipers Left Hand said:
I haven't seen Brighton play well this season, but I've only been to six games, and I am really shocked we are still fourth.

there are only a few games i can remember us playing well - qpr at home was ok, oldham away weren't bad and the best we've been was away at rushden

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
blimey I went to the Oldham and Rushden games and wasn't particularly impressed so what must the other games have been like?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Not impressed at Rushden? I thought we were superb there myself.

He'll play Lee, and maybe against a team like Wycombe he might actually be able to do something? NSC'll be interesting if he scores a hat-trick and we win 3-0...

sbee

Jul 8, 2003
What on earth has McPhee done of any use this season?

Why does he keep getting played?

Are we really that short of depth in the squad?

He is the type of player we should be looking to get rid of
as soon as poss.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sbee said:
What on earth has McPhee done of any use this season?

Why does he keep getting played?

Are we really that short of depth in the squad?

He is the type of player we should be looking to get rid of
as soon as poss.

He's scored 8 goals. He was the only one who scored when we were trounced by Lincoln. All the team had given up except him.

He can often get through when Knight is so tightly marked.

As I typed last week both Sheff Wed and Grimsby would love to be in our position.

It may not be pretty to watch and the ability of other teams in this league average but so are we.
We still have a springboard to go up and there is nothing to say that once we get the go ahead for Falmer that we won't get a bit more investment in the team

Keep the faith

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If you look at how tight the league is however, we can lose on boxing day and drop to 8th or 9th !

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:
We still have a springboard to go up and there is nothing to say that once we get the go ahead for Falmer that we won't get a bit more investment in the team.

That would be one hell of a psycological bounce if we get falmer, pity the team we play after the announcement if its good news.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
McPhee has cost us nothing (relatively) and has done more this season than all the games Ramsey, Cameron, Lehman, Barrett, Kitson and Henderson played for us altogether. Im sure there are a few more failures we can add to that list but McPhee deserves his chance and at leats as many games that shower got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here