Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
For the first time in nearly forty years, I haven't been in a pub in the last week.

Make no mistake. This is serious and we need to break its back asap.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Don't go out much anyway, so it's not that difficult for me to stay in and the wife is pretty much stuck under the new baby who wants to constantly feed so the sofas are getting a decent workout. The kitchen is nice and clean and I've just spent a couple of hours cleaning the oven.

Back in work tomorrow morning so I may go and get a couple of bits that I need if there is anything left in the shops and see if my parents want anything and drop it off to them on my way home.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For the first time in nearly forty years, I haven't been in a pub in the last week.

Make no mistake. This is serious and we need to break its back asap.

Likewise, rather than walk the dog and a pint or two I got in from work Andy went for a run with the dog. I am now in home isolation with a bottle of claret acclimatising

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Since sunday I've only been between work and home, havent had any outside contact with the world but that's usual during the week for me.

Wife has stayed indoors with baby all week and only been for a walk around the block a few times.

I work in a small company and my colleagues have been pretty much the same so I'm hoping to come through this unscathed.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
quite seriously - just contact with family only while working from home

older relatives over 70 with underlying health issues all seem to think "they don't mean me" … "I am only just going to…" which if they are anything to go by does make me wonder that situation will get a lot worse than experts and government are hoping

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
8 people in east Sussex with it, the one person that had it in a Brighton hospital is now at home recovered. There are zero people with the virus in Brighton hospitals.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Someone died in Eastbourne DGH from it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Having spent the last month in and out of hospital with Mrs Q I’ve seen the very best humanity has to offer.

On the other hand over the last 2 days I’ve seen some fvcking pigs masquerading as humans. They disgust me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am worried that Ernest has taken " Social Distancing " too seriously.

His plans by his own admission was to " knock one out " in between every other task during the course of the day every day.

I am worried his " Social Distancing " may turn to " Social Exhaustion "

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am worried that Ernest has taken " Social Distancing " too seriously.

His plans by his own admission was to " knock one out " in between every other task during the course of the day every day.

I am worried his " Social Distancing " may turn to " Social Exhaustion "

He’ll be shooting dust with that program.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just spoke to my Dad to say we wouldn't be up for mother's day now due to social isolation; they're 66 and 62.

He didn't really get it saying they are well and so are we, so no problem. He even said his group of mates are coming around tomorrow evening for their regular poker night :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just spoke to my Dad to say we wouldn't be up for mother's day now due to social isolation; they're 66 and 62.

He didn't really get it saying they are well and so are we, so no problem.

Just because you feel well, it doesn't mean you don't have it and are not spreading it. That is the issue here - that's why it spreads so easily, and that's why social distancing is so important.

"You feel fine and I feel fine" does not mean there is no risk of virus transmission.

Edit: sorry - re-read and realise you understand that, but leaving this her for those that don't!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

He didn't really get it saying they are well and so are we, so no problem. He even said his group of mates are coming around tomorrow evening for their regular poker night :facepalm:

Good lord.

Just because you feel well, it doesn't mean you don't have it and are not spreading it. That is the issue here - that's why it spreads so easily, and that's why social distancing is so important.

"You feel fine and I feel fine" does not mean there is no risk of virus transmission.

Yes it's literally the reason why this virus is bad news. I really don't understand why they're not putting out loads of information bulletins in between episodes of eastenders etc.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Good lord.

My thoughts exactly. They normally have their heads screwed on, but for some reason they aren't getting this or, maybe unconsciously, they're not wanting to.

Will try and convince him/them it's not a good idea this time.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Most (85%) of people are very considerate to others. I do worry with the situation I'm in and try to avoid busy food aisles in supermarkets. Having a very healthy diet helps but it's certainly not a cure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here