Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Tim Martin (Spoons owner) publicly saying closure of pubs would be 'over the top'......immediately validating the behaviour of those still going to the boozer. FFS.

I thought we heard the last of this spoon after Brexit. Why does he keep getting put in front of the cameras for his opinion. I'd rather hear Roland Rat's opinion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought we heard the last of this spoon after Brexit. Why does he keep getting put in front of the cameras for his opinion. I'd rather hear Roland Rat's opinion.

...........but he's a revered figure to a decent % of the population..................

Anyway, it's fine - according to him pubs are 'less crowded than supermarkets' and 'there has been very little transmission of the virus in pubs'. Weapons-grade, and now outright dangerous, bellend.

[tweet]1241001618675585025[/tweet]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
And good luck to her. She knows the risks and she's prepared to take them. She probably thinks she could be dead after 4 months of self isolating so better to go out as she wants to.

Do the people she’s potentially infecting know the risks too?

What about the person next in line for an ICU bed that she is occupying?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am glad they have decided to shut things down... I was getting annoyed with people going out and doing stuff i wanted to do just because they were being selfish... Also feel less guilty now the gyms are shut.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You can still go out but keep at arms length.

DDE5BA30-7FE7-4853-B264-3A09FBFDBC64.jpeg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Queuing at the butchers this morning (normal - there's always a queue, it's a very good butchers), and I was around a metre behind the person in front. Older person arrives "Are you in the queue?" - "Yes" - "Well, move up then", which I met with a look of 'don't be silly'. However, as I didn't move up, he promptly stepped into the queue in front of me to be served next.

So astonished I didn't really know how to react!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Queuing at the butchers this morning (normal - there's always a queue, it's a very good butchers), and I was around a metre behind the person in front. Older person arrives "Are you in the queue?" - "Yes" - "Well, move up then", which I met with a look of 'don't be silly'. However, as I didn't move up, he promptly stepped into the queue in front of me to be served next.

So astonished I didn't really know how to react!

Hopefully more people will speak up. On the local green today there was about three different groups of people playing five a side and a number of exercise groups all next to each other, some even high fiving.

Morons.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still a lot of ignorant, dangerous irresponsible people who really don’t quite get it.

I think I’ve said this a fair bit since the outbreak started a couple of months back, but I continue to be astonished at the stupidity of the British public:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51988877

It's not just Britain ffs. People ignoring advice is happening all over. Doesn't make it right, but it's not just happening here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here