Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How scary are COWS?

No seriously. Try walking through a field full of baby calves, mothers and stroppy young bulls with your dog and it is more of an adrenaline rush than base jumping.

The local farmer has now put his large heard in the field I walk the dog in each morning and trust me, they are not to be messed with and can be scary as f***. Particularly the older adolecent bulls who want to show they aren't to be pushed around and will make life as difficult as they can.

This morning the dog was doing his daily morning crap and this bolshy bullock decided he didn't like a dog in his 'space' and started charging towards him - poor little pooch didn't have time to finish his business and had to make a hasty retreat up the field with me close behind trying to avoid cow sh1t in our paths and with a number of other angry looking moo moos looking to get involved!!

I know they've killed a number of walkers this year and these beasts of the realm are not to be taken likely :eek:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Many a time I've been chased on the downs by youngish cows whist enjoying a cycle ride, can be pretty scary at times.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Must admit cattle are not as docile as people think. They don't tend to be afraid of dogs in my experience.

Viscious bastards!

I blame the owners. They should take them to training classes and teach them how to behave. Or keep them on a lead. It's incredible, in this day and age, that some owners just let them run loose.

And why haven't the council provided poo-bins? No wonder the countryside is a MESS.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
No seriously. Try walking through a field full of baby calves, mothers and stroppy young bulls with your dog and it is more of an adrenaline rush than base jumping.

The local farmer has now put his large heard in the field I walk the dog in each morning and trust me, they are not to be messed with and can be scary as f***. Particularly the older adolecent bulls who want to show they aren't to be pushed around and will make life as difficult as they can.

This morning the dog was doing his daily morning crap and this bolshy bullock decided he didn't like a dog in his 'space' and started charging towards him - poor little pooch didn't have time to finish his business and had to make a hasty retreat up the field with me close behind trying to avoid cow sh1t in our paths and with a number of other angry looking moo moos looking to get involved!!

I know they've killed a number of walkers this year and these beasts of the realm are not to be taken likely :eek:

I hope you picked up your dogs turd before fleeing.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Running Of The Cows - South Park episode, f***ing funny!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just a minute, your taking your dog into a field owned by a farmer where he keeps his cows.

Most people know that dogs and cows dont mix - its been on the TV enough.

Try letting your dog crap in the neighbours garden, that may be a bit safer.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Most people know that dogs and cows dont mix

mcdonalds_logo.jpg

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
You should have just gone the udder way.

I didn't have time, one minute they were minding their own, the next they went grazy and were all about me

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have a great story about me, jogging, cows and the River Arun when I meet anyone for a pre-match pint; my opinion was that they are cowards. That day everything changed ... don't trust them ... evil little milk machines! One the plus side it is the fastest I have ever been recorded running on the Garmin!

Quote from farmer friend ... "stop, make yourself big by stretching your arms and stand your ground ..." Great idea but nobody told the bl**dy cow!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't have time, one minute they were minding their own, the next they went grazy and were all about me

I know what you mean, they can move like the clappers when they want to.
One minute they're there, next minute they're pasturised before you've even noticed.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hopefully you don't tell that story EVERY time you meet people for a pint.

It would get a bit tedious by Mid Season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here