Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Stick by the scoundrels and keep voting labour

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Scoffers said:
10 out of 10 AGAINST Labour if Two Jags lets us down - A clear message is appearing here !!!

And the message is what exactly? That despite the Tory controlled council f***ing over the Albion for decades everybody decides that Labour are the new Albion public enemy number 1 if Falmer gets rejected?

Makes perfect sense:nono: :rolleyes: :shootself

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It makes sense to me that 2 Jags should know that if he says 'No' he will lose votes in the Brighton area for his fellow-Labour MP's...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
... needless to say, I am hoping he says a BIG 'YES'... and does it quickly... the tension is killing me...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Bwian said:
And the message is what exactly? That despite the Tory controlled council f***ing over the Albion for decades everybody decides that Labour are the new Albion public enemy number 1 if Falmer gets rejected?

Makes perfect sense:nono: :rolleyes: :shootself

You silly twat

It's got nothing to do with people supporting the Tories - I thought that was obvious, it's simply about Labour losing votes if they don't support us in our hour of need. All this crap about only Labour supporting us will come to absolutely nothing if Falmer is rejected

Bob Dobbs is your man

bobbanner.gif

Last edited:

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Bwian said:
....Tory controlled council f***ing over the Albion for decades.....

Really? How's that?

I trust Ivor Caplin will be standing for Hove again, in which case he will not be getting my vote regardless of Falmer Yes/No.

I would think a 'no' could have a negative effect on Ivor Caplin in Hove. I'll probably still vote labour as David lepper seems to dislike Blair as much as I do and seems to agree with me on many issues, so at least I do feel represented in parliament.

If however you feel you don't want to vote for anyone, I suggest you spoil your ballot paper or vote for someone like Dobbs to register your protest. Given what certain parts of the world have to go through to get a vote at all, it seems rather churlish not even bother registering your opinion.

Dandyman

In London village.
To be honest I detest New Labour, regardless of any decision on Falmer, have never had anything other than total contempt for the Tories and would not trust the Lib-Dems an inch.

I would gladly vote for an independent candidate who showed anything approaching genuine concern for the local community and working people in general.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Now 50 votes cast and Labour have just over a 10th of the votes. Interesting.:eek:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whatever your politics, it would seem that only 12% would vote Labour if Falmer is not allowed - not very scientific, but it's on such matters as these, local issues decided upon by a senior govenment figure, that can make the difference on poling day.

Somone said earlier in the thread that we should not kid ourselves about how much of big issue this is to the government, quite true, I suppose, but that won't ease certain MP's nerves come poling day.

Come on Prescott, you know it makes sense

Jameson

I cannot believe that Prescott will say no in any circumstances. Can he?

It's in the bag. The're just dragging it out to make it look like theere is really some sort of decision to make. :clap2:

Jameson

Also, I think football fans across the land will look very closely at this. It's not just about Brighton and Hove. Do Labour want to go to the next election with a "no fans of football" label as well as the all the other shit they have managed to acrue over the last two terms? :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here