• Give up on labour and vote Liberal

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Stick by the scoundrels and keep voting labour

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How many of you Labourites will stick by them if Falmer is given the thumbs down by Two Jags ?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Doesn't affect me as I don't live in Brighton but voting Liberal there? Aren't they more opposed to Falmer than the other parties (excepting the Greens of course)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, I did include the option for Monster Raving Looney - what more do you want !!! What better way to hit back against the system?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So ZERO out of 6 votes so far would vote Labour - if this trend continues, Two Jags you-d better watch out

Dandyman

In London village.
If Falmer is rejected I suggest handing Two Jags, Bassam et al over to Firle Bonfire for some summary justice.:flameboun

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
10 out of 10 AGAINST Labour if Two Jags lets us down - A clear message is appearing here !!!

Get real.

The Tories in Brighton consistently opposed the return to Withdean and the Falmer development. Maybe you prefer the glorious record of Lib Dem MPs in Sussex.......David Bellotti and Norman Baker. Maybe you want to try the Greens instead? Perhaps not.

Abstaining is pathetic.

The only realistic option is standing pro-Falmer candidates, but while that might be an effective tactic at by-elections, it would get lost in a General Election campaign and you would risk a very derisory vote, much lower than the referendum, which could backfire and strengthen the anti-Falmer, anti-development lobby.

There is very little political traction in this issue, we have to accept that. My feeling is that the New Labour love affair with football is over and is very much last year's gimmick.

Prescott does have a free hand politically to do what he wants, unfortunately, and the decision must be on a knife-edge. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
chips and gravy said:
Doesn't affect me as I don't live in Brighton but voting Liberal there? Aren't they more opposed to Falmer than the other parties (excepting the Greens of course)

Quite apart from which, the name David Bellotti springs to mind in association with that party.

And given that a lot of Albion fans (myself included) wouldn't vote Tory in a million years, and wouldn't vote Labour if Falmer was turned down, I think we'd be a somewhat disenfranchised bunch.

You could end up with a pro-stadium single issue candidate coming very close to winning a seat in the Brighton area - there's already an MP who was voted in on a Save Kidderminster Hospital ticket.

But this is all entirely theoretical, because Prescott isn't going to be quite that stupid, is he?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sussex on Leith said:
Quite apart from which, the name David Bellotti springs to mind in association with that party.

And given that a lot of Albion fans (myself included) wouldn't vote Tory in a million years, and wouldn't vote Labour if Falmer was turned down, I think we'd be a somewhat disenfranchised bunch.

You could end up with a pro-stadium single issue candidate coming very close to winning a seat in the Brighton area - there's already an MP who was voted in on a Save Kidderminster Hospital ticket.

But this is all entirely theoretical, because Prescott isn't going to be quite that stupid, is he?

That is very dangerous talk, suggesting that Prescott isn't going to be that stupid - we are talking about the guy that asked if he could do a re-take on a Live news item .. Doh ...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
London Irish said:
Get real.

Prescott does have a free hand politically to do what he wants, unfortunately, and the decision must be on a knife-edge. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Not quite true. Prescott will make the final decision on the application but he probably wont have heard or seen much about it. Civil Servants at the ODPM will consider the decision and make a submission to two jags, most probably with a reccomendation, on which he will make a decision. He might have a meeting with the civil servants but I dont think he will lose much sleep over it.

Don't kidd yourselves guys, this isn't a big political decision.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
That's a point. Can we vote the Albion into power and then do whatever we want. :jester: :lolol:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I wouldn't vote Labour if Falmer were turned down.
I wouldn't vote Green as they opposed it.
The Liberal Party contains you-know-who, and Norman Baker, so that's a no-no.
The Conservatives have always been against football (remember the "home fans only" idea started at Luton and endorsed by Thatcher).

It's all a bit hopeless.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
27 votes, only 1 would vote for Labour , the Falmer issue is heartfelt for sure, Prescott - you listening ?

Desert Orchid said:
There are 3 Labour MPs in Brighton and Hove who will be feeling very uneasy if Prescott says No. Were I to be voting in Brighton and Hove after a No from Prescott, I would vote Tory for the first time in my life. It would hurt, but not as much as Prezza's thrust through the heart.

So you'd vote for the Tory party in Brighton that has always opposed ANY Albion stadium development anywhere, and against the Labour party in Brighton who have supported the Falmer stadium.

That'll show 'em. :rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
With 1 exception, they voted for Falmer. But Prescott has the only vote that counts.

They only voted for Falmer so we'd vacate Withdean and let their blue rinse supporters reclaim the Sportsman as their local.

Fcuking tories have been anti-Albion ever since there's been an Albion-they have never shown any support for the club-ever! And now they jump on the Albion bandwagon?:angry: Wankers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here