Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How rubbish are BAA & Eurostar ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
if you didnt have a load of lefty spastic attempting to stop any development at heathrow we would have another runway and the airport would not be run at close to breaking point and these things would be easier to cope with. but of course its far easier to go gaw they should buy more bleedin snowploughs oslo is still open innit, with drool coming out your mouth and going der der der hitting your head with the back of your wrist.

I agree it needs a 3rd runway, but they cant keep 2 open, what makes you think 3 would be any better ?

Dandyman

In London village.
if you didnt have a load of lefty spastic attempting to stop any development at heathrow we would have another runway and the airport would not be run at close to breaking point and these things would be easier to cope with. but of course its far easier to go gaw they should buy more bleedin snowploughs oslo is still open innit, with drool coming out your mouth and going der der der hitting your head with the back of your wrist.

Blimey, Spanners has just outed Bonkers Johnson as a Marxist firebrand

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Reaction: Heathrow expansion plan

BORIS JOHNSON
"I strongly oppose current expansion plans at Heathrow. There are still many unanswered questions on a proposal that will be detrimental to the lives of millions of Londoners. The plans are unacceptable as they stand..."

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When I worked at BAA about 10 years ago they were approaching a point where they were making nearly as much revenue from their retail operations as they were making from landing fees. Consequently they spent more and more money on glitzy shops instead of operational issues. Somewhere along the way they lost the plot. A major infrastructure operator needs to have more Government control and not just left to the whims of a bunch of suits who are only worried about the bottom line and shareholders. BAA need to get back to running airports not shopping malls.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
schiphol is in chaos and that has more runways.

if you didnt have a load of lefty spastic attempting to stop any development at heathrow we would have another runway and the airport would not be run at close to breaking point and these things would be easier to cope with.

I agree with some of what you've said on this thread, but you've rather contradicted yourself there.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fair enough, but I do not see any field beds at Heathrow?

i see people lying on yellow things, what are they? they dont look too comfy though.

Anyone who thinks selling-off the railways was not one of the biggest cons in history obviously never uses them.

not arguing with that, the point is re-nationalisation has solved much either.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree with some of what you've said on this thread, but you've rather contradicted yourself there.

not really. schipol has f***ing massive taxis in places and part of the issue is getting aircraft off stands. depends on how a new runway was set up at heathrow. one runway is oprational at lhr now, if they had 3, it may well be 2.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
people have already paid for their seats so other than them who gives a f***.....simples

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009

I'm getting boring on this but I don't find the use of the word spastic appropriate in this context. This is not being PC but just having the decency not to use terms for disabled people as words of abuse.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Some of these airport managers need to watch 'Die Hard 2' - they had a ton of snow and terrorists and still managed to stay open!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here