Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How rich is Tony Bloom?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Well he's 90 million quid down at the moment.

I think it's called an investment...in financial accounting terms, replacing one current asset (cash) with a fixed asset (Amex).

Trouble is fixed assets usually have to be depreciated over time, not sure what the taxman allows for depreciation these days.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
And he seems like one of the good guys.

We are very, very lucky to have a man like that in charge. Not just for his money either.

I still can't really believe it.

Yes as I have posted elsewhere, I met him in the street WALKING to watch the Brentford game last season in a cool suit. No chauffeur, no minder. And he spoke politely to me after I wished him well.

Mind you just as well the Bees diehards standing outside the pub directly opposite didn't suss out who he was....

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Millwall supporter...guaranteed BS!

Brighton actually, didn't know the guy but i've seen him at numerous games over the last decade or so.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rich enough to pay for a stadium, that is all I care about

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
just wanted to say thank you Mr Bloom, Mr Knight and Mr Perry if any one of you were not in the team we would not have Falmer

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
OK, so I don't need to worry about the nightmare I had about Tony betting and losing the club in a poker game.

The guy is a poker genius, many of his wins are tournaments in which he pays a tiny stake to enter and many are on a free invite.
The days of throwing your keys in are really just left to the movie industry. You don't need to worry about his poker success, it is all but a tiny 'cherry on his massive cake'.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
One million dollars!

6a00d8341c2f0953ef010535f1327c970b-500wi

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Well he's made $2.5m from poker, he's pumped £18m into the Albion and he's not on the Times Rich list of the top 1000 Brits - though this maybe because of his residency status. All one can say with certainty is that Falmer would not have gone ahead without him, the banks must be convinced he's good for his money and he has blue and white stripes in his blood and that's important.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
If you added up the personal wealth of all the members on NSC, and then sold off all their stuff and added that to the total, you still wouldn't get close to the wealth of Mr Bloom. :)

He's considerably richer than you. (And me).

Really? I don't believe it. Why isn't he on the Sunday Times Rich list?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Really? I don't believe it. Why isn't he on the Sunday Times Rich list?

Because, as has already been pointed out, you can opt out of those things. It is all speculation but as he has been able to hand over £80 million for the stadium he must be very, very wealthy. I don't really care HOW wealthy exactly because he clearly isn't a Sheikh Mansour but has provided enough to ensure a competitive future for the club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because, as has already been pointed out, you can opt out of those things.

and as has been discussed before, this is not true, with many secretive people included. its all public information and educated guess work.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Because, as has already been pointed out, you can opt out of those things. It is all speculation but as he has been able to hand over £80 million for the stadium he must be very, very wealthy. I don't really care HOW wealthy exactly because he clearly isn't a Sheikh Mansour but has provided enough to ensure a competitive future for the club.

How on earth does one 'opt out' of a newspaper articled?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If you added up the personal wealth of all the members on NSC, and then sold off all their stuff and added that to the total, you still wouldn't get close to the wealth of Mr Bloom. :)

He's considerably richer than you. (And me).

Speak for yourself mate, I own a private island in the caymans, as well as 50 racehorses trained by Godolphin and 50 biatches who humour my every whim... :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here